Question about adding another Dish !

sprintcarcrazy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2003
I would like to add a dish to pickup CBS HD, what satellite is it on and what do I need to do it.

I currently have 2 Dish 500 Quad's. I feed 3 receivers and one side of a 921 on one and two other receivers and the other side of the 921 with the other.

I want to be able to get CBS HD on the 921 and an 811, I am authorized to get it.

Reason, I want to be able to record CBS HD, while I watch a OTA (NBC) in HD.

I am guessing I need a Dish 300 pointing at ? and something to tie in to the
quad 500 or the line going to the 921 or other receivers.

do u have 2 dish 500s or just 2 dish 500 lnbs?

If you do have 2 dishs, you can swing the other dish 500 to either 61.5 is you want cbs east or 148 if you want cbs west. also on the dish 500 you move, set the skew to (90 i think right?)

I have two Dish 500's, both with Quad lnb's, but they are on opposite sides of the back of the house.

you will need to tie another dish into the one that goes to the 921 and 811. depending on if you have legacy or pro will determine what switch you need. i can't remember what is needed for what. one of the experts will be able to tell you.

Get a Dish300 with a Legacy Single or Dual. Aim it at 61.5 or 148 as appropriate. Connect directly to receiver to get that done. Then tie the Quad & D300 together with a SW-21. Quad into #1, Single into #2. Run Check Switch. Done.

My 2nd Dish installation, they only used one switch DP34.

They pluged 1 & 2 of one side of the Quad into the switch 1 & 2, and then used a second dish 500 with a DP dual and plugged #1 into the switch 3.

What Simon said.. but with 2 sw21's going into your 921. That'll keep the rcvr from doing a freaky switch check.

Okay, got the part about the Dish 300, problem is the 921 feeds one tuner off of 1 quad, the other off the 2nd dish/quad. I am going to change this though. So how to I hook up the SW21's ?

Yeah - adding it up, you could need as many as 3 feeds (2-921, 1-811) from the 61.5, and you are NOT going to get that from a Legacy LNBF without a little magic.

The magic is a standard D* 3x4 switch. Legacy DUAL goes into the 2 satellite ports of the 3x4 (the 3rd is for OTA - can't be used in this setup). NOW you have FOUR feeds of the 61.5 bird.

These feeds go to port #2 of the SW-21s. Port #1 goes to a feed from the Quad. :)

Echostar Earnings Call (3/17/05)

Setting up both PVR 721 and HD 811

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)