Problems with HD(Mpeg4) on HR22-100

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RasAlGhul

Original poster
Apr 16, 2009
Ontario
Hey,

I have the HR22 and a Slimline-5 dish. Initially, when I set everything up I had all the channels that I expected to have. A couple weeks ago all the HD channels above 200 (I think these are all broadcast as Mpeg4) stopped working. I can see the guide and go to the channel but all that is displayed is a black screen (no sound, no picture). As an example, I get ESPNHD on channel 70-something, but not on channel 206. What's even weirder is that I can't even watch HD shows that I recorded from these channels before they stopped working. The recording shows up as a black screen for 2 hours.

• I have called D*TV and they sent a reauthorization to the box (didn't work)
  • I have swapped out the BBCs with others (didn't work)
  • I have readjusted the dish to try to get better signal quality (didn't work)
  • I have replaced the cables from the dish to the DVR (didn't work)
Has anyone had this experience with this box? I figure that since even the recordings don't work that there has to be something wrong woth the DVR itself. I'm at the point where I am just going to ship the DVR back to my friend to get another one but want to make sure its not some stupid show-me-a-black-screen-instead-of-the-freaking-show-I-want-to-watch setting.

Ras

Hey,

I have the HR22 and a Slimline-5 dish. Initially, when I set everything up I had all the channels that I expected to have. A couple weeks ago all the HD channels above 200 (I think these are all broadcast as Mpeg4) stopped working. I can see the guide and go to the channel but all that is displayed is a black screen (no sound, no picture). As an example, I get ESPNHD on channel 70-something, but not on channel 206. What's even weirder is that I can't even watch HD shows that I recorded from these channels before they stopped working. The recording shows up as a black screen for 2 hours.

• I have called D*TV and they sent a reauthorization to the box (didn't work)
  • I have swapped out the BBCs with others (didn't work)
  • I have readjusted the dish to try to get better signal quality (didn't work)
  • I have replaced the cables from the dish to the DVR (didn't work)
Has anyone had this experience with this box? I figure that since even the recordings don't work that there has to be something wrong woth the DVR itself. I'm at the point where I am just going to ship the DVR back to my friend to get another one but want to make sure its not some stupid show-me-a-black-screen-instead-of-the-freaking-show-I-want-to-watch setting.

Ras

Two things come to mind. What are your signal strengths on 99 and 103 for both CONUS and spotbeam transponders. Also, you said you might send the dvr back to your friend. Did you get it from a private party or from Directv or a Best Buy type place? If it came from a private party, it may not be properly authorized. Based on your location, I have a pretty good idea of what is going on.

Signal strengths are in the 80s/90s for 99(c) and 103(c) (spotbeams are 0 because of my location).

I had bought the DVR from EBay (looking like a mistake now). Like I said, everything was working for a few weeks and then one day, it was just blank.

Ras

Signal strengths are in the 80s/90s for 99(c) and 103(c) (spotbeams are 0 because of my location).

I had bought the DVR from EBay (looking like a mistake now). Like I said, everything was working for a few weeks and then one day, it was just blank.

Ras

It sounds like Directv shut you off. Like you said, buying from eBay can be a mistake. It was most definitely a leased unit. When Directv found out, they shut your service off. That's what it sounds like to me. Maybe a neighbor turned you in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tuning Help can get all but 103 or 103 and nothing else

Been gone a long time- Interested in Direct

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)