problem with vip411

davissammy

Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Hi,
i am getting significant pixelization on HD channels, and usually cannot complete watching a program on HD channel without a black screen occuring. Does anybody know if it is possibly lousy cable from dish to receiver (installer did not upgrade 10 year old cable when installing) or is it a poorly installed and pointed dish? I am getting a great peak signal on
119, but avg 49 or 50 readings on 110, and 129. I would appreciate any responses-thanks

yes, it is a dish 1000- I was afraid it might need repeaking, I might have to invest in a satellite meter. Dish was suppose to have sent techy out twice with a four-hour window, both times I was stiffed-hard to sit around and wait when I am supposed to be at work. thanks

yes, it is a dish 1000- I was afraid it might need repeaking, I might have to invest in a satellite meter. Dish was suppose to have sent techy out twice with a four-hour window, both times I was stiffed-hard to sit around and wait when I am supposed to be at work. thanks

Possible repeak. Dish1000 is to small of a reflector to accomodate 3 satellites, in my HUMBLE opinion.

As far as the 10 year old cable, straight up it needs to be rated to at LEAST 2150 MHz.

Eitherway, personally when I install if the existing stuff is obviously aged it gets replaced.

Old legacy stuff will work off of chicken wire from a chicken wire fence, new stuff it needs 24k gold and a platinum american express card.

Hi,
i am getting significant pixelization on HD channels, and usually cannot complete watching a program on HD channel without a black screen occuring. Does anybody know if it is possibly lousy cable from dish to receiver (installer did not upgrade 10 year old cable when installing) or is it a poorly installed and pointed dish? I am getting a great peak signal on
119, but avg 49 or 50 readings on 110, and 129. I would appreciate any responses-thanks
Oh wow!!!!!!!! That dish needs to be repointed....That's the problem..129 is not easy to peak..The maunual, get this, instructs the etch to peak the D-1000 on the 199 sat and leave it..This is supposed to be the procedure....I have found that I can peak the dish on the 199 then tweak it on the 129 without any siginificant drop off on the 110 or 119...one thing I must ask..Since the 110 sigs are wek, are there any trees in the area in which the dish is "looking"..If so, it may be necessary to realocate the dish...

OTA feed TV2

211 hook up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts