Problem with smarcard, i think?

debbdooba

Original poster
Nov 1, 2004
Hello,

I just received a dish 500 satellite dish and a dp301 receiver from a friend. I installed everything correctly and was recieving a signal and getting some channels....then for some unkown reason the unit is frozen. I tried turning the power off, unplugging the unit but when I turn it on the page where it says aquiring satellite signal is frozen....none of the numbers in the transponder moves...it just stays at 11.....satellite 119 transponder 11. When I go to check switch and run test the system freezes and I either have to remove the smartcard and replace it or turn the power off and on only to have the same problem....anyone know what could be wrong? Or do you need more information? Help please...I don't know what could be wrong.

Thank you

Did your friend say what the receivers status was when they gave it to you? How old is it? How long since it was subscribed? Have you called E* to add it to your subscription yet?

I am not sure how old the unit itself is....I just subscribed three days ago. Everything was fine until yesterday when it froze.

I'm assuming the dish is aimed correctly so it can get a signal?

Also, try a hard reset. Unplug unti from wall and take out smart card. wait 30 seconds, plug unit back in and replace smart card

If it goes to step 2 of 5, it found a signal

SBC / DISH Deal +942

522 program timer recording

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts