Problem watching recordings w/o sat signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

frayfl

Original poster
Feb 16, 2012
sd
live in an RV full time. DirectTV HR22 receiver/DVR with SWM 33 antenna on a tripod that is manually aimed. until recently we could record programs and move the RV to a new location and watch the recorded programs without having to set up the dish. now without the dish aimed the receiver resets itself every 10 minutes. Direct TV tech support says the rec should not reset, however other directtv people say the resetting is normal. Is there a solution this?

live in an RV full time. DirectTV HR22 receiver/DVR with SWM 33 antenna on a tripod that is manually aimed. until recently we could record programs and move the RV to a new location and watch the recorded programs without having to set up the dish. now without the dish aimed the receiver resets itself every 10 minutes. Direct TV tech support says the rec should not reset, however other directtv people say the resetting is normal. Is there a solution this?

It's probably looking for a signal and when it doesn't find one, it resets to try again.

I have never been able to watch recorded programs when the dish is not set up .... thats the problem I have when travelling, I don't wantr to set it up for an over night stay while on the road, it would be nice to be able to watch your Recorded shows.

At one time I played around with it enough to figure out that you CAN do what you want without the Dish, UNTIL the Power has been disconnected ... I've done it a few times awhile back, but not lately, things may have changed, not sure.

You can try it and see if you have any luck, but as soon as you unplug, I think you'll be done ...

Thanks for the response Jimbo, we are traveling Thursday so I will try moving the receiver to the inverter tomorrow night, then unhook the dish and see I it works wfter we move before I set up the dish.

Things may have changed, but it used to be that you had some time, maybe a few hours, from when a dvr was disconnected to when it wouldn't play back a recording.

Agreed.. the DVR needs to react much more gracefully when there is no signal... same thing during storms.. ie. you get a loss of signal message, and I think the only way I could get out of that was to go "guide" 1st and then to "List" to play something back... or some semi-convoluted way.

the software needs to better understand its still a playback device even if it can't acquire a signal.

yesterday I lost signal completely due to the snowstorm we had in Minneapolis. The receiver rebooted and when it got to the downloading guide I hit "menu" and got into the list. Same issue as you. 10 minutes into TMZ it froze, then rebooted. Did it twice so I gave up and unplugged it til this morning when the snow was off the dish :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Defiance (SYFY)

Having issues with Genie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts