Problem w/5 LNB dish and local HD reception

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chiliiman

Original poster
Apr 8, 2006
I have a continual issue of losing HD locals due to low signal strength. On the 103 Satellite I always register 75-90 on transformers 6 and 7 but at it's maximum I've only obtained 50-60 on transformers 14 and 15, which carry my local HD's.

The local channels seem to go out A LOT with this dish. I have a lake behind the house and the wind just whips up on the dish and moves it around every once and a while. Once again I am losing the local HD's and the signal strength is in the low 20's. I was messing around with the dish today to check the aligment and on a whim unpluged the two power wires for the side LNB's. The signal strength on the of transformers 6 and 9 immediatley shot from 21 to almost 70!! But one of the LNB's I unplugged receives the other HD channels from the 119 satellite. So I can watch one set or the other of channels but not both at this point. I think I can get them both to work but it will take some very fine adjusting.

So what's going on here? Do I have a bad LNB set or dish? Is this for some unknown reason actually normal for the signal to shoot up when the other LNB is unplugged?

Thanks

Randy

there are at least two versions of the at9 that ive seen. one uses coax jumpers and one has "push-on" thin jumpers, which do you have?

dragon002 said:
there are at least two versions of the at9 that ive seen. one uses coax jumpers and one has "push-on" thin jumpers, which do you have?

These are the thin push on jumpers.

Just spent over an hour realigning the dish. Same problem.

I now have all the satellites in the 75-85 range but transponder 7 and 15 of satellite 103 are in the low 20's. As soon as I pull the jumper for the 119 sat both those transponders jump to near 70.

This has to be a bad lnb right?

Which satellite is NY, NY HD locals on? I am getting on 103 (network 14) TP 7,49% and on TP 14, 59%. On satellite 103 (network 15) I get no signal rest of satellite is fine. 101,110,119.

Please advise,
Thanks

Recall said:
Which satellite is NY, NY HD locals on? I am getting on 103 (network 14) TP 7,49% and on TP 14, 59%. On satellite 103 (network 15) I get no signal rest of satellite is fine. 101,110,119.

Please advise,
Thanks

I don't know about New York but the D.C. area is on transponder 15 on the 103 Sat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HTL-HD no over the air guide

Which DTV HD Receivers also support analog OTA/Cable channels?