Status
Please reply by conversation.

sbacchus

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 1, 2005
Athens GA
the last couple of times I've tried to blind scan IA6 the receiver (fortec lifetime ultra) has just hung after a bit. last night, for instance, it found 41 transponders then seemed to get stuck for several hours. the little animation was still going on the screen and i was able to exit, but i have not been able to complete a blind scan on IA6 recently. and it seems the transponder that it hangs on is random. is my receiver going bad, or does anyone have any other ideas?

delete all transponders in the IA6 satellite and then blind scan

There seems to be an issue with TP overload on the Fortecs where if you have too many Tp's logged in the system it acts funny :)

hi iceberg, i deleted a bunch of transponders from IA6 and G11. unfortunately that doesn't seem to have helped, i have a blind scan on G11 that's been running for about 12 hours.

um...shouldnt be that long :)

most blind scans on a Fortec/Pansat are under 10 minutes :)

try a reset in the back (switch off power) and let it cycle through. If you wait longer than 15 minutes on a scan, then there is an issue

Best to go back to your true south position before you do the factory reset just in case.

Then every time you are about to re-scan a satellite go to edit TP. and delete every TP. bar one. This will not effect your saved channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pansat AP 600 vs. VboxII : an Analog/FTA slave solution

Signal level

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts