Premiums On-Demand Question

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
Does TW have any plans to add Starz! On-Demand in the future? Also, does TW plan to expand the bandwidth of Cinemax On-Demand like Cablevision has?

JayPSU said:
Does TW have any plans to add Starz! On-Demand in the future? Also, does TW plan to expand the bandwidth of Cinemax On-Demand like Cablevision has?

I answered this question in another thread just a few threads down so I'll just copy and paste my answer here to answer your question.

I'll tell you exactly what the problem is with this channel. First Starz is telling you a little white lie while TWC also is a big part of this problem too.

First Starz "will not" give TWC a contract for Starz HD without Starz On Demand and Encore On Demand. Now Starz also wants all customers to get all Starz services free of charge which includes the On Demand services. So if you order Starz that customer gets Starz On Demand at no extra charge.. Also if you order the Encore package Starz wants all Encore customers to get Encore On Demand at no extra charge too.

Now TWC wants to be allowed to charge extra for these On Demand services if they so please. Right now nearly all TWC areas give customers On Demand access to all premium channels they subscribe to if they order two or more premium channels. Now TWC doesn't count Starz and Encore so if you order Starz and HBO only you must still pay an extra 6.95/month for Premiums On Demand just to get HBO On Demand. But if you order Showtime and HBO you will get HBO On Demand and Showtime On Demand at no extra charge.

I hope your picking up what I'm trying to say. So in simple terms if a customer just ordered Starz TWC wants to be able to charge that customer an extra 6.95/month for Starz On Demand while Starz wants Starz On Demand to be free for Starz customers no matter what they order.

Now the TWC contract with Starz Encore Group runs out around years end so I expect TWC to cave in and accept Starz's terms or risk losing access to all Starz channels. In simple terms TWC knows they will have to cave in but they are just waiting as long as they can until their contract runs out.

Do you notice how many other cable companies who offer Starz HD also offer Starz On Demand at no extra cost. This isn't just by chance its for a reason. Now Starz doesn't require satellite companies to carry Starz On Demand as they aren't able todo so which is why you see Dish Network with Starz HD. Also notice that Verizon also carries Starz HD, Starz On Demand and Encore On Demand as part of their 11.95/month movie package which also includes Showtime On Demand, TMC On Demand, Showtime HD and TMC HD.

LonghornXP said:
I answered this question in another thread just a few threads down so I'll just copy and paste my answer here to answer your question.

I'll tell you exactly what the problem is with this channel. First Starz is telling you a little white lie while TWC also is a big part of this problem too.

First Starz "will not" give TWC a contract for Starz HD without Starz On Demand and Encore On Demand. Now Starz also wants all customers to get all Starz services free of charge which includes the On Demand services. So if you order Starz that customer gets Starz On Demand at no extra charge.. Also if you order the Encore package Starz wants all Encore customers to get Encore On Demand at no extra charge too.

Now TWC wants to be allowed to charge extra for these On Demand services if they so please. Right now nearly all TWC areas give customers On Demand access to all premium channels they subscribe to if they order two or more premium channels. Now TWC doesn't count Starz and Encore so if you order Starz and HBO only you must still pay an extra 6.95/month for Premiums On Demand just to get HBO On Demand. But if you order Showtime and HBO you will get HBO On Demand and Showtime On Demand at no extra charge.

I hope your picking up what I'm trying to say. So in simple terms if a customer just ordered Starz TWC wants to be able to charge that customer an extra 6.95/month for Starz On Demand while Starz wants Starz On Demand to be free for Starz customers no matter what they order.

Now the TWC contract with Starz Encore Group runs out around years end so I expect TWC to cave in and accept Starz's terms or risk losing access to all Starz channels. In simple terms TWC knows they will have to cave in but they are just waiting as long as they can until their contract runs out.

Do you notice how many other cable companies who offer Starz HD also offer Starz On Demand at no extra cost. This isn't just by chance its for a reason. Now Starz doesn't require satellite companies to carry Starz On Demand as they aren't able todo so which is why you see Dish Network with Starz HD. Also notice that Verizon also carries Starz HD, Starz On Demand and Encore On Demand as part of their 11.95/month movie package which also includes Showtime On Demand, TMC On Demand, Showtime HD and TMC HD.

Thanks for the info! Well, it sounds like I will be able to get it next year. Now how about Cinemax On-demand? Is Time-Warner planning on joining Cablevision and picking up Cinemax's brand new expanded on-demand channel?

JayPSU said:
Thanks for the info! Well, it sounds like I will be able to get it next year. Now how about Cinemax On-demand? Is Time-Warner planning on joining Cablevision and picking up Cinemax's brand new expanded on-demand channel?

TWC and BHN offers HBO On Demand, Cinemax On Demand, Showtime On Demand and TMC On Demand. Now beyond that iff Cinemax now has another expanded on demand channel I haven't heard about yet that would be another story but for now that is all I can answer.

Edit...A google search does show information on MaxOD150 which is on cablevision today. I will check into that new expanded offering and see if Comcast and others might start offering this expanded selection of content.

Last edited:
LonghornXP said:
Edit...A google search does show information on MaxOD150 which is on cablevision today. I will check into that new expanded offering and see if Comcast and others might start offering this expanded selection of content.

Have you heard anything about this yet?

dyndns with FIOS?

tennis channel now available in Mankato, mn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)