Power inserter question

arlo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2016
North Eastern
I would like to know if anyone could tell me which power inserters pass 22 kHz from the receiver to lnbf 100%.
Supply voltage doesn't matter. So far the P121R1 is not playing so nice.

Jimbo. Far from diagnosing coax and distance. The subject is stated above.
Receiver to dish> P121R1> No 22 kHz.
Not concerned with voltage from the inserter.
Need to confirm which ones indeed do allow tone passage out to the peripherals/dish.

The power inserter you're attempting to use does not pass 22khz, because it's intended use is ONLY for SWM LNB's/switches, that do NOT even use switching tones, as it is not needed for SWM (stacked) systems. There's other DTV (SWM) power inserter models made with different voltage outputs & those will NOT work either.
If the PI label has SWM on it, it's not going to work on older, multiswitch technology you evidently are attempting to work on...you'll need to get an older PI that is made for that. And considering there's been umpteen varieties/brands of this older technology that have been made over the past couple decades, it's hard to recommend something specific without knowing exactly what's in your LNB/switch system.

I would like to know if anyone could tell me which power inserters pass 22 kHz from the receiver to lnbf 100%.
Supply voltage doesn't matter. So far the P121R1 is not playing so nice.

You want something like Sonora's PI6S for applications that require 22 KHz tone/no tone and 18v/13v voltage levels.

Directv costs

New Genie Menus Coming in July