Post Pictures Of Your Setup!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mburgess

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 18, 2004
I just purchased a 52 inch RCA HD TV
I am having trouble placing it and organizing all of my componets... (I'm used to smaller tv's with entertainment centers)

Please post pictures of your setup .. maybe I can get some ideas..

thanks.

I know the feeling...

I live in Manhattan where space is at a premium and I have a 57 inch hitachi. I have 5 components...a vcr, an audio receiver, a DVD changer, an HTL-HD receiver and a Samsung Direct-Tivo...Plus a Silver surfer.

I had two black partical board shelves cut to fit the largest component which was the dvd player. I bought screws that are made for brick and attached the shelves side-by-side over the TV and placed the components on the shelves. The receiver, vcr and DVD on one side and DTV equipment on the other. I drilled a hole in each shelf to run the wires through.

It looks good, my girlfriend doesn't even complain.

Attachments

• system.jpg
    system.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 486
Which Sony model is that? I'm looking to get the 51" version this weekend. My best friend has it and he has TWC (after a bad experience with Voom's installer being a pain he's sworn off satellite TV) and the HD channels on his looks AWESOME! So does his Xbox games and DVDs.

lol 022266!

Neutron my TV is the 65" KDP-65WS550 I use video essentials to set the color and picture. The pro setting is ok but its better to tweak it and I think the picture is stunning.

55" Phillips
bought 3 piece cabinet at local Handytv store around 300.00

Attachments

• xmas2003 026.jpg
    xmas2003 026.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 446
My inlaws have that set and I have the 60, not for nothing but weren't you shocked at the PQ of the Phillips, rkr0923? I came into this TV purchase thinking Mitsu/Toshiba/Sony for sure.. ended up with Phillips and been damn happy with it.

I'm being completely honest when I say this............I looked at many many TV's before I bought this one, I couldn't be Happier with my choice. I've yet to see one (RPTV)that had a better picture. Every store I go in that has HD sets I go look them over, still to this day, I can't complain about my set.

What do you have behind the wall of your TV? In my case, I have a 65 inch Toshiba and had no room at all for my components. My TV is on an interior wall right behind the closet of my guest bedroom. I just cut a hole through the wall and put all of my components in a cabinet in the closet and run the cables through the wall. My TV has remote control output, so I just put IR blasters in the cabinet and I can control them all through the TV.

pradike said:
Nothing like watching HD on the "big screen"....

I need to pull down the money you do for a while bro, I always wanted some kind of "stadium seating" like you got, everyone thinks I'm crazy.. I printed out that picture and going to run around saying THIS IS WHAT I WANT! For the next year or two, thanks Mr. OMGHOT-HT-Guy.

That's a totally sweet setup dude.....I thought mine was pretty good, then I saw my neighbor's across the street, makes mine look positively cramped (12x17)......his is every bigger than yours, although not as nicely appointed...how about a color version?

LP

ljp416jmp said:
...how about a color version?
I think that IS a color version... it's just very neutrally painted. As home theaters should be if you really want to do things to the letter.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Best HD D* reciever...please help..

Directv Access from Canada

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)