Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimLones111

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Canton, Ohio
Hello folks:
Havent posted much lately because over the last several weeks, I havent been able to watch much FTA because of some dish pole issues..

With all the rain and snow over the winter and spring the ground under my Dish pole has had a lot of movement..It takes a long time to acquire a signal by moving the pole back and forth, up and down..When I finally acquire a signal I have no way to secure it..Am in a rental situation so I cant really put a cememt base at the pole (nor can I afford the expense)..So at this point, any slight movement of the pole loses my signal..Just would like a way to secure the pole at the base..Probably a simple thing but I'm kind of at a loss at this point..Thanks for any help..

not sure how big your dish is but assuming it is not a BUD....

if you want a cheap and easy way just get a wooden "skid" and some cement blocks to hold it down.....you can put a piece of plywood over the skid and that would give you a nice flat base to work with and mount your post on....or you could buy a NPRM and use it on the ground with cement blocks....or get a large bucket and fill it with cement with you pole in it....there are many possibilites if your somewhat creative....

From a previous posting you said you had a 36" dish and in the front yard, If it 's the same, I'd just get another pole and drive it in the ground next to the other and move the dish over to it keeping the new pole at the same height, just make sure there's no buried cables or gas lines.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LPB Last Night

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)