Please help-trying to destack to Tivo Box

Status
Please reply by conversation.

elbucho

Original poster
Oct 15, 2005
I am sure this topic has been rehashed on several occasions, but I cannot seem to find a posting that fits specifically to my situation. If any of you can help I would deeply appreciate it.

Here is the situation (forgive me if I am not technically correct in my explanation, I am an amateur):

I cannot run two lines from my dish to my tivo box without going down the wall of my living room. For asthetic purposes, I chose instead to try and stack and then destack one line running to the living room.

So, I ran two lines off of my 8 output directv box (near my dish) that my other rooms get their connections from. I ran those two lines into a stacker (s575-T). The output line from my stacker runs down to my living room TV. With that one line coming out of the wall, I took a high frequency splitter and ran two lines off of it (both to separate destackers - 575P). From those two destackers, I ran one line from both to each of the inputs on my HD Tivo box.

Here is the problem. I can only receive about 2/3 of the channels that I should. I get most of the HD channels except for CBS. There are a whole host of other non-HD channels that are not coming in(like a few of the HBO channels, for example.)

Is there something that I can do to improve my set up so that I receive the other channels? Does it makes a difference to my setup if I replace the two destackers with one of the newer 575d destackers?

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I apologize for my novice explanation of my setup and problem.

You can only stack the 101 sat. You will not be able to get the 110 and 119 sats using a stacker. If you want HD you will need 2 separate lines run. If you own the place fish one down inside the wall.

EDIT

You will get some from either 110 or 119. Depending on the setup. But you won't get Even and Odd Transponders from both.

Is there any advantage to using one 575-D destacker vs. using two 575P destackers? Will I see more channels, or, is it the same issue regardless of the hardware?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

how many receivers is too many...

Sony SAT300 HD Receiver..whats it worth?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts