Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Its been a few years since DISH took off METV over a dispute. And I am really hoping DISH will get METV back.

Yes I get METV (and METV +) OTA but there is no Guide Data.

After meeting Svengoolie at Team Summit a few years ago, I have become a big fan of his show. And its a big pain to record his show on DISH as now I have a bunch of shows recorded but no idea what the movie is for each show as their is no description.

On MeTV+ I love their Sunday Night Cartoons show...

and now METV just announced they are starting a new station METV TOONS!

In my house the most widely watch channel for me is one DISH does not carry... and that is METV. I do hope they can work and get the METV Suite added to DISH. I know a lot of folks who can get METV over the air and are missing it since it was removed from DISH. This could be a great way of keeping people with DISH.

Please DISH?! Thank you!

Its been a few years since DISH took off METV over a dispute. And I am really hoping DISH will get METV back.

Yes I get METV (and METV +) OTA but there is no Guide Data.

After meeting Svengoolie at Team Summit a few years ago, I have become a big fan of his show. And its a big pain to record his show on DISH as now I have a bunch of shows recorded but no idea what the movie is for each show as their is no description.

On MeTV+ I love their Sunday Night Cartoons show...

and now METV just announced they are starting a new station METV TOONS!

In my house the most widely watch channel for me is one DISH does not carry... and that is METV. I do hope they can work and get the METV Suite added to DISH. I know a lot of folks who can get METV over the air and are missing it since it was removed from DISH. This could be a great way of keeping people with DISH.

Please DISH?! Thank you!
Sign up for frndlytv.com , and get Metv, and a whole lot of others for $6.99 a month. That includes unlimited dvr, 72 hour lookback, and you can stream it with many devices.

Sign up for frndlytv.com , and get Metv, and a whole lot of others for $6.99 a month. That includes unlimited dvr, 72 hour lookback, and you can stream it with many devices.
The DVR recordings is NOT in the 6.99 plan (it’s also in SD). It’s 7.99 a month or 6.99 month for yearly plan

The plan that has DVR is 9.99 month (or 7.99 month for year). This plan also is HD.

$7.99 a month for service with DVR.

But why pay when I already have the best DVR there is, the Hopper 3.... if they would add the channel or just add guide data for the OTA channels it would be great. I shouldn't have to use another service for something I already get. :D

I guess I don’t understand the post. We have MeTV in the Seattle area in glorious HD. Not the case everywhere?
nope. The reason you get it is because it is a -1 OTA station (44-1 or 44 on Dish). In most markets its a -2, -3 etc and Dish does not carry it. They use to carry a national feed for folks who didnt have it in the locals (like you) but it was dropped.

If its a subchannel OTA you may be able to pick it up (like Scott mentioned) but Dish in some cases doesn't carry the guide info for the subchannels.

Yeah I don't understand it either. I don't currently have an OTA antenna hooked up to my Hopper 3 but I get METV on channel 032-00 with guide info. Now the 032-00 suggests OTA to me but all my locals have that naming convention and none are being delivered OTA.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Gee Scott, first world problems there...I'm breaking out the Kleenex as we speak :rolleyes:

But why pay when I already have the best DVR there is, the Hopper 3.... if they would add the channel or just add guide data for the OTA channels it would be great.
Because OBVIOUSLY if MeTV (& perhaps other Weigel networks) IS that important to you, there are other easy options for you.

Since you obviously have a working OTA antenna, just buy a used lifetimed OTA Tivo off of ebay; they're all over the place there.
For a very small 1-time purchase, not only could you DVR MeTV, but unlike on DISH, it would be in HD & in proper widescreen format.
Obviously you would be able to simultaneously DVR up to 4 of ALL those other Weigel networks - including MeTV toons - that are on/coming to WHCT, which is the station I assume you are getting. You would get EPG data for ALL those channels to boot.
You actually are MUCH better off than most people - since few DMA's even have ALL of the Weigel nets; most viewers are lucky just to get MeTV - you are getting the entire Weigel bouquet on 1 station! Less than 20 DMA's get MeTV+ OTA.

Another option - Tablo DVR, with no monthly fees, either.

Tivo may not be perfect, but at least with all of mine & free OTA, I don't have to be at the whims of the cable, sat or streaming company dropping these stations. (sound familiar... ;) )

I shouldn't have to use another service for something I already get.
Yea, & I should have been 6'3", 175 & a full head of hair...

Last edited:
Yeah I don't understand it either. I don't currently have an OTA antenna hooked up to my Hopper 3 but I get METV on channel 032-00 with guide info. Now the 032-00 suggests OTA to me but all my locals have that naming convention and none are being delivered OTA.
The 00 at the end of the channel number means satellite delivered. Denver market (if your loc is right) there is a station in glenwood springs (kreg tv) that has MeTV on their -1 so dish can carry it for the Denver market.

I miss MeTV on Dish, too. I can get it OTA but with no guide data. Also, in the summer, MeTV is subject to fading out completely in the morning and late at night due to tropospheric ducting.

WEDW? I think so, but it's part of CPTV, PBS member network in CT, so they're probably using their Hartford station, WEDH, instead, while CT customers in the NY market (Fairfield co) get WEDW