PITV @ Galaxy 13 or Horizons-1

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sksatellite

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
New chinese channel package is up now, enjoy while it before scramble.
Fre. 11720 H S.R. 28138

Excellent find, we can add it to the new "whats up there" area. I am at 127 deg.W right now some great pictures on these channels. Great signal quality 50 on a Satwork 3618 is pretty good.

Could someone please confirm the s/r? I noticed it is 26800 on LyngSat and here it's first reported as 28318 and then corrected to be 26812. Thanks.

Its 26800 on my Satwork 3688, my last post was done on another receiver hence the slightly different S/R.

Thanks for the quick reply. How sensitive is the quality on s/r? I have a coship 2000 and could get very decent signal strength (stronger than the one I used to receive) but no quality at either 26800 or 26812. Wondering in which range of s/r I need to look for...

I just went to a few channels and knocked the S/R off quite a bit +/- 100Ksps with no effect on the Quality.

Galaxy 13 inactive?

Hi folks,

I have been struggling for a couple of weekends try to get signal from Galaxy13. My receiver is Coship CDVB5300B. I used Freq 11720, SR 26800, Hor. Dish size 70cm.

The same dish/receiver had no problem with Galaxy3, Telstar5 and AMC4.
I even re-pointed the dish back to Galaxy3 to check the connection and got sync instantly.

Today I only get signal strength of ~30% on Galaxy13, while I can get 70% on Galaxy3. With AMC4 I could get 50-60%. The receiver needed at least >45% to be in sync from the past experience. Is G13 signal too weak or inactive these days? Any special treatment is needed?

The angle I used on compass is 157 degree (almost straight south, I'm in San Jose, CA). My experience was that, there's a 30 degree difference at my location, from satellite (W 127) to the compass read (157). Is it correct?

Any hint is appreciated.

desperate fta_lover :confused:

Blasting in here on the same coordinates, (Sky Link) Signal Quality around 65.
(G13/Horiz) for San Fran.

Elevation= 46 deg.
Azim.=179 deg
Skew -0.5
Magnetic Deviation= -15 (Approx.)
So you would be aiming roughly at 164deg. on your compass.

Wait a moment its S/R of 26000KSps, try that! Someone else had the same prob. GOOD LUCK!

Thanks Peter. I pointed it to 164deg / SR 26000 & 26800, still no luck. Never got signal strength over 35 today. Yesterday I could get 50, and on 9/12 it was 60. Did you notice a degradation from yesterday?

If I change the param back to any TP on telstar5, strengh is 80. I guess my problem is in the strength, if it's not high enough, the receiver can't sync, not to mention sig quality. (I don't have a 40' pine tree on the way :)

Thats a strange one, no tree to blame. Cant say I have noticed a change in the recent past, I just look for quality level when I point a dish. A bigger dish may help, what kind/brand have you got I know the size.

It's a Azure*Shine, can't recall the exact name of the vender.

I'm switching back to T5 for now. Will try my luck next week. Thanks a lot for your help!

What happen after the signal gets scrambled?

What happen after the signal gets scrambled? Can I pay for it and still get those channels?

I'm not a FTA user, and I'm afraid that it will not last long after I spending all the money to set it up.

Thanks

There is always something to watch with FTA satellite, for every channel that leaves two pop up! There is always the two Chinese news channels on the G3C satellite to make it worthwhile, and too many Asian channels to list here, you would not be disappointed getting involved in the FTA hobby, IMO.

Forgot to add if the above channels did go scrambled you will be able to still use your antenna system but may require a new receiver depending on what encryption method they choose to use.

Also forgot to add there is a new load of Chinese channels in the clear right now on the E 9 / IA 13 satellite at 121w.

V

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Is it possible to hook up 2 pansats together?

FTA Setup and Dish Network 121

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)