PBS plans to go full scall transition to MPEG-4 "DVB-2?"

Status
Please reply by conversation.
but if they go ip, is there an easy method to feed the signal from the computer to the tv? thats tough when you are on a slow internet connection out in the rural areas. we can get pbs ota but only three channels. i like pbs on amc21 which has more channels. charlie

I believe that Iceberg was referring to point to point ip for delivery of content rather than ip delivery to viewers. I don't read anything in this release that would indicate that this transitionnis being made to provide IP delivery to home viewers.

I don't think that this announcement will impact the fta station availability, but it will affect content delivery to the affiliates.

Well, I recall reading in one of PBS's TechCon '08 presentation pdfs, in the "Future Upgrades" slide, that they had reviewed DVB-S2 and MPEG-4 and projected an upgrade to them in 2012.

So hopefully this means that those plans are actually going ahead. The current quality of the PBS feeds still leaves much to be desired when compared to the quality of most of the other satellite feeds. The other networks (except ABC and Fox which are only 720p so they will always look like sh*t no matter what bitrate they are given) are all high bitrate or MPEG-4.

As long as we're on the PBS topic, and it is "public" TV for the receiving, what feeds SHOULD be available to most ku=equipped and well-aligned dishes on 125 as of now? Seems that changes week to week......and the question keeps popping up here. I know there's an East and West main feed, but what others? Been checking my system today and tonite, and some feeds I used to have are no longer there on my fixed dish. Don't know if I should realign it or delete some! (Montana, LPB, etc.)

As long as we're on the PBS topic, and it is "public" TV for the receiving, what feeds SHOULD be available to most ku=equipped and well-aligned dishes on 125 as of now? Seems that changes week to week......and the question keeps popping up here. I know there's an East and West main feed, but what others? Been checking my system today and tonite, and some feeds I used to have are no longer there on my fixed dish. Don't know if I should realign it or delete some! (Montana, LPB, etc.)

I have the same problem here with Montana and LPB. The other transponders boom in real hot but Montana and LPB come and go. Strong one week and completely out the next. Then, without touching anything, they come back strong. Strange and a little frustrating. Especially on Saturdays when the britcoms are on.

LPB hasnt been on 125 in a while. I think you mean OETA

Right now on the 76cm dish and Manhattan I am getting the following
DVB
3 feed channels in SD
1 HD feed
2 HD channels (PBS E & W)(12140)
5 channel mux (12180)

DVB-S2
Montana
OETA

LPB hasnt been on 125 in a while. I think you mean OETA

Right now on the 76cm dish and Manhattan I am getting the following
DVB
3 feed channels in SD
1 HD feed
2 HD channels (PBS E & W)(12140)
5 channel mux (12180)

DVB-S2
Montana
OETA

Same here but on a Type 1,105 --Super Dish ...all is booming in fine.

Thank you!!! Will check against this newer list, and clean up favorites and available channels today!

Odd. No Montana, and the following...
Mux-good
East-West-Good.
OETA only (1) SD on 12113, is the 12113/8703 the OETA HD?

That's it! Doesnt matter if Ku on BUD or on .75 Channel Master, both feeds available on openbox S10.
Am I getting all I can? Perhaps, as I investigate missing channels that "reboot" fixes I'll find an issue!

OETA has 2 feeds
1st one is OETA HD
2nd one is the Oklahoma Channel

you have the right transponder..both channels on there

Is this something new or is it a roll out of their Non Real Time IP based mux that's been testing on AMC 21 for some time now? (12120 H 30000 DVB-S2 8psk 5/6 FEC Pilot Off)

Pointed at AMC21 in Toronto Canada. Have to consider new box because of S2 issues on many transponders. Hoping to buy openbox S9 this week and have MPEG 4 / S2 / AC3 so all channels on 125" scan and decipher!!:popcorn

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Got a 4dtv receiver from my neighbor

Help!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)