Pats vs Giants

I got informed that CBS and NBC will only televise the game meaning that Collinsworth and Gumbel will be doing the analysis and play by play respectively. Is that correct? For the sake of argument WHY can't CBS and NBC provide their own teams? I'd rather have John Madden and Al Michaels.
Thanks

:up

Yeah those "damn politicians" screwing things up for everyone by making the game available for all to see.....instead of the priviledged few that have access to the NFL Network....:rolleyes:

But, Salsa,
You DO get the NFL Network, so YOU are part of the Priveledged FEW !

Jimbo

I got informed that CBS and NBC will only televise the game meaning that Collinsworth and Gumbel will be doing the analysis and play by play respectively. Is that correct? For the sake of argument WHY can't CBS and NBC provide their own teams? I'd rather have John Madden and Al Michaels.
Thanks

Too expensive and aren't these other guys doing other games as well ?

Too expensive and aren't these other guys doing other games as well ?
The announcers are on a contract so it does not make any difference. Along those lines then CBS and NBC are they going to have their own commercials or are they going to carry the NFL Network ones?

The announcers are on a contract so it does not make any difference. Along those lines then CBS and NBC are they going to have their own commercials or are they going to carry the NFL Network ones?

They are under contract for x number of games. They don't have free reign over them. Also you have the cost of the camera operators for the game and all the production crews. Then you have to get them to the games they are going to be covered the next day.

The game is a simulcast of the game so it will just be a rebroadcast of the NFL network. The stations will through in their own commercials because the feed they receive will most likely not have any in them.

Thanks
Geez. I was hoping I wouldn't have to listen to Bryant Gumball.

It will be interesting to match all 3 pq wise. NFL Network hd has always been the best for me. Then I would rate my CBS then 3rd Nbc. I have noticed though that NBC Sunday night Football has gotten better over this past year.

I watch CBS and NBC OTA. My NBC station always looks the best, no subchannels. The CBS channel always has lots of macroblocking during fast motion scenes.

Ridiculous. Historic my A@@. Its been proven they cheated and God only knows for how long. Apparently, their owner Kraft pulls the Commisioners strings, they should have been gven a playoff death penalty for this year at least. :rolleyes:

48-27

Ok I know I have the NFL Network so perhaps my view is jaded BUT I think it sucks for NFL Network.

Where were the politicians when two crappy teams were playing on a Thursday, a few weeks ago? The New England Patriots possibly going 16-0 in the regular season is such a big deal that congress had to react to it?

So the NFL Network picks a handful of games at the beginning of the year to show on their network. No one cries about anti trust when the games suck, but when one game is a decent one everyone cries foul and gets involved?

I think the NFL should have thrown the game on ppv and charged people to watch it.

If you have the NFL Network you are not harmed. unless of course you were dying to watch whatever it is that these two networks show on Saturday night.

You can blame the politicians for interfering in the free market or the sacred sport of pro football or you can chalk it up to a league that realized that the fans were angered and who in the end played up to those fears just like the politicians did.

LoL.
I am paying good money already for NFL ST.

I wasnt clear in my explanation.

For those who dont have NFL Network and those who dont have NFL ST or SF. I think you should have to pay.

Look. I paid for months to have the NFL Network because thats what I like. I pay for NFL SF and ST because thats what I want to watch.

I joined D* because they have the programming I want.

Now to have some hack senator come along and say oh wait a second thats not fair..I say SCREW HIM and everyone else that hasnt paid for it.

Watching the NFL is not a right its a privaledge that I pay for. Why should the guy next door get a free showing when he doesnt pay for it?

So the senator is saying that yeah I know a lot of you pay to watch this but I have decided that everyone should be able to watch it. Who the hell is he to decide what the nation should watch?

If the game is that important to people then they should have switched to the provider that has it.

I must be missing a bigger picture because I just dont get it.

If you want to watch the game. Switch to a provider that gives it.

By the Senators theory I think ALL RSNs should be available to anyone. A historic moment might occur at any time in any venue and I should have the right to watch it.

NCAA March Madness, MLB EI, Center Ice, every package should be made available immediately...history could be made!

LeBron James might be the greatest NBA player of all time! I am being robbed of my opportunity to watch him every night!

Sounds Dumb right? (not just the part of LeBron James)

Thats the same logic that Kerry is using for football.

A historic moment MIGHT occur so everyone should see it. What a jerk. Do I cry when Id love to watch every NCAA game and I dont get to see those great finishes because I dont have the package? No. Why? Because, now get this, I DIDNT PAY TO SEE THEM!

I cant believe this guy was close to being president!

Im very sad that the NFL caved in. I think they should have stood their ground.

I wasnt clear in my explanation.

For those who dont have NFL Network and those who dont have NFL ST or SF. I think you should have to pay.

Look. I paid for months to have the NFL Network because thats what I like. I pay for NFL SF and ST because thats what I want to watch.

I joined D* because they have the programming I want.

Now to have some hack senator come along and say oh wait a second thats not fair..I say SCREW HIM and everyone else that hasnt paid for it.

Watching the NFL is not a right its a privaledge that I pay for. Why should the guy next door get a free showing when he doesnt pay for it?

So the senator is saying that yeah I know a lot of you pay to watch this but I have decided that everyone should be able to watch it. Who the hell is he to decide what the nation should watch?

If the game is that important to people then they should have switched to the provider that has it.

I must be missing a bigger picture because I just dont get it.

If you want to watch the game. Switch to a provider that gives it.

By the Senators theory I think ALL RSNs should be available to anyone. A historic moment might occur at any time in any venue and I should have the right to watch it.

NCAA March Madness, MLB EI, Center Ice, every package should be made available immediately...history could be made!

LeBron James might be the greatest NBA player of all time! I am being robbed of my opportunity to watch him every night!

Sounds Dumb right? (not just the part of LeBron James)

Thats the same logic that Kerry is using for football.

A historic moment MIGHT occur so everyone should see it. What a jerk. Do I cry when Id love to watch every NCAA game and I dont get to see those great finishes because I dont have the package? No. Why? Because, now get this, I DIDNT PAY TO SEE THEM!

I cant believe this guy was close to being president!

Im very sad that the NFL caved in. I think they should have stood their ground.

I understand your frustration, I am in the same boots you are in NFL ST+ SF.
And now I've been paying good money for all this channels, people that never had to pay a dime they now get to watch football on their local network...its unfair.
I've switched from cable to DTV mainly because NFLHD, NFL ST+SF, now that I am paying extra money for this, my monthly bill went up, I see that my old cable provider will be able to see the games I am seeing now (this upcoming Friday) excluding NFL ST.
This is uncalled for.
Senators now make the decisions on who gets to see what? :mad:
Not good, I would love to watch the Red Sox's game every week, but I can't since I don't pay for the MLB EI package, so if you have a senator QQ'ing enough, everyone would be able to get the Red Sox's game throughout America, which would eventually royally screw everyone that been subscribing to MLB EI for the Red Sox's games.
If people don't get and don't want to spend the extra money for NFL or NFL-HD, screw them, the rest of us are paying extra money for it.

I understand your frustration, I am in the same boots you are in NFL ST+ SF.
And now I've been paying good money for all this channels, people that never had to pay a dime they now get to watch football on their local network...its unfair.
I've switched from cable to DTV mainly because NFLHD, NFL ST+SF, now that I am paying extra money for this, my monthly bill went up, I see that my old cable provider will be able to see the games I am seeing now (this upcoming Friday) excluding NFL ST.
This is uncalled for.
Senators now make the decisions on who gets to see what? :mad:
Not good, I would love to watch the Red Sox's game every week, but I can't since I don't pay for the MLB EI package, so if you have a senator QQ'ing enough, everyone would be able to get the Red Sox's game throughout America, which would eventually royally screw everyone that been subscribing to MLB EI for the Red Sox's games.
If people don't get and don't want to spend the extra money for NFL or NFL-HD, screw them, the rest of us are paying extra money for it.

It's only for this ONE game .....so far.

The locals teams have always been able to see their local teams on network.

You do NOT pay extra for the NFL Network, it is part of the basic D* package, this is where all the Cable BS started anyways, they (cabe op's) didn't want to put it in the basic, they wanted to charge thier cable subs extra for the channel, the NFL said they wanted it as a basic channel, good for the NFL, I am disappointed that cable ops get to have the game, but it's really not a big deal for me as I would have had it regardless.

Jimbo

It's only for this ONE game .....so far.

The locals teams have always been able to see their local teams on network.

You do NOT pay extra for the NFL Network, it is part of the basic D* package, this is where all the Cable BS started anyways, they (cabe op's) didn't want to put it in the basic, they wanted to charge thier cable subs extra for the channel, the NFL said they wanted it as a basic channel, good for the NFL, I am disappointed that cable ops get to have the game, but it's really not a big deal for me as I would have had it regardless.

Jimbo

Well this happened once, what happens if they do this often next year?
This means NFL Network would be pretty much pointless.

Why do you want others to pay for this? What does this do for you? Dp you just resent someone getting it when their cable provider has refused to put it on the basic tier?

I am not wanting for others to pay for this, heck I want cable providers (all of them) to have NFL network on their basic package, but they don't.
Its a low **** for them.

Its not that I dont want people to get the game. But if in order to watch the game people more people were forced to sub to D* or other carriers were forced to carry the network. Then in the end its better for me.

If D* has an influx of subs then the money generated can be used to do more for me.

So yes, senators, stepping in and forcing the NFL to show a game on every carrier bothers me. Im willing to be Kerry has comcast which makes this even more of a sham.

The whole deal is bogus.

When I was younger my family was one of the last adopters of cable in the area. Celtics games were carried on Sports Channel here. For years..the good ones too...I missed games. Where was the outrage?

What about all of the people that missed the Red Sox historic seasons because they are on NESN?

I know its one game but I want everyone to feel the misery I did when I couldnt watch the Celts.
Merry Christmas! :D:D

Bowl Payouts

TUNA could be the Dolphins GM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)