PATRIOT PTX-85E Elliptical

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The satellite dish is set-up on 97 w Galaxy 19, i have the dish tilt to the west so it can be line up with the satellite arc and right polarization. Some of the parts are LNB brackets left over from other Hughes satellite dishes and some i got from Home depot. The 33' Hughes dish came with a LNB bracket to receive 2 satellites.
The dish has 4 bolt in the back so it can be tilted to the east or west.

Dishes and Feedhornes 053.jpg

Dishes and Feedhornes 059.jpg

Dishes and Feedhornes 055.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have experience with this dish. Mile Kohl is selling them on his website and says that they are good for multi satellite receiving. I want a fixed dish on 87W for LPB. Having a bullet LNB on each side for 83W and 91W should be easy. I wonder if 10 degrees offset to get 97W is too much to ask for?

Elliptical dishes are great for multi-LNBs. Usually on a round dish 6 to 8 degrees off-centre is optimal for most satellites, though some with weaker transponders require the LNB to be closer to the centre (or on centre). On ellipitcal dishes you can have a greater spread and still maintain a good signal. I have a 75e and some 60e dishes in my line-up, and my 75e performs better that my 80cm round dishes.

You should have no problems with the line-up you want, but you might find that at 10 degrees off-centre 97, which has a lot of transponders and some weaker than others, you might not get all, or some may have a signal that is too low. You would have to try and see whether the signal levels are acceptable (depends on your location and EIRP values).

However, you can also change your line-up to have 91 on centre, rather than 87, and then 97 would only be 6 degrees off-centre. 83, which really has only one transponder of interest, would be the furthest off-centre at 8 degrees. There is not a great difference in signal in being on centre and 4 degrees off-centre on elliptical dishes. Again, you would have to try and see what would be acceptable to you and how to configure the LNBs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GI FIlm Festival on Pentagon channel

Question for those who have Dishnetwork and fta

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)