Status
Please reply by conversation.

TRG

The Great American Southwest
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jul 19, 2007
Albuquerque, NM
Does anyone have experience with this dish. Mile Kohl is selling them on his website and says that they are good for multi satellite receiving. I want a fixed dish on 87W for LPB. Having a bullet LNB on each side for 83W and 91W should be easy. I wonder if 10 degrees offset to get 97W is too much to ask for?

A Dish 500 does like 9.5 degrees. Why shouldn't a .85 do 10 or more? Answer = It will, just fine!

The real issue is: Will it have enough signal level to work with regular FTA sats (which are not super-powered Dish sats) That's what you are fighting for.

You might want to consider aiming the center arm at the middle of the arc of sats you want, and off-setting all the lnbs with some EMT tubing bolted to the lnb arm. Realise also, that you will have to figure out a way to skew the dish, as that will help to also keep a higher signal level

Or, aim the center lnb at the weakest sat, and offset the other lnb's towards the stronger sats. The sats you aim at will "cross-over" their beams to the opposite side of the reflector, so adjust your lnb's accordingly.

Price/performance is the name of the game

Well, if you're gonna PAY for a dish ...
Then let's maximize our signal/dollar ratio!

The Patriot 84 elliptical is 30x36, & $99 + unspecified shipping
Brian @ SatAV has 36" + PLL LNBF for $89 shipped on eBay
do the math
Someone recently mentioned a full 1m dish @ SolidSignal around $100,
unfortunately, I don't recall details or shipping
but, either alternative is more attractive (to me). ;)

iphone4

The Patriot 84 elliptical is 30x36, & $99 + unspecified shipping

The advantage of buying this from Mike would be if you need some help and prefer to talk on the phone.

I could not find that one. I was like i should check and see if someone posted already LOL

Yeah, and by the way, that is NOT a bad deal. This dish has a TRUE 1 meter aperture, where most other so-called 1 meter dishes only have 36" aperture maximum, and a lot of them only have 33" aperture. They phony their specs worst then the LNB ones. Winegard gives the truth.

Brian @ SatAV has 36" + PLL LNBF for $89 shipped on eBay

You can't beat this deal. Even resellers can't sell and ship this cheap SatAV has their own custom shipping box to protect the dish.:)

Yeah, and by the way, that is NOT a bad deal. This dish has a TRUE 1 meter aperture, where most other so-called 1 meter dishes only have 36" aperture maximum, and a lot of them only have 33" aperture. They phony their specs worst then the LNB ones. Winegard gives the truth.

You can find them for less Just saying SS price is bad. "LNB and wall mount Not Included" on the $89.95 one

Dish is great I have a few at my house.

I like Mike just fine. No offense intended.
Was just giving some alternatives.
Don't know anybody at Solid Signal.
Have talked to Brian @ SatAV at length a number of times.
That said, these people are not there to hand-hold a newbie .
We do that here on the forum! ;)

Not everyone looks at a problem and sees the same solution
The best fun @ SatGuys, is getting alternate perspectives. :)

Here's one: isn't someone giving away a 6' BUD?
How many Ku LNBFs can you run on one of those?
Linuxman did it on a 6' Prodelin with SL2's a few years back... :)

posted the hard way: using iPhone 4

Anole said:
I like Mike just fine. No offense intended.

Anole sorry if I came across that way was just wanted to point out he helps customers with phone support.

I agree I hate the iPhone and iPod App. Can't wait for the new V.

This is my 33 elliptical dish made by Hughes, receiving satellites from 61 w to 119 w.

Dishes 33.JPG

33 in Dishes.jpg

Well it works, 61w, 91w ,97w ,101w, 110 w,119 w. and that's on a 33 dish.

Please tell us more about your mount config? Parts etc... Thanks I like what you did.

OK-I'm believing DK's picture and statement. He must be a good plumber to come up with that lnb assembly and mount. Hat's off!

The FSS satellites in this set-up are within 10 degrees (91w - 101w). I have had success of +/- 20 degrees with acceptable results.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GI FIlm Festival on Pentagon channel

Question for those who have Dishnetwork and fta

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)