Pansat 2700A and LNB Types???

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OldPhart

Original poster
Dec 30, 2005
I recieved my first FTA reciever, a Pansat 2700A, but the 90cm dish, rotor and QPH-031 LNBF won't be here till the end of next week... so I thought I'd try and get NASA on EchoStar7 TP11 RHCP with my old DTV 18" dish and LNB. After wasting an hour trying to find my old Sat Finder I drug everything outside with it still lost, but determined to try with just the SatFinder Java Script cordinates... No joy, lack of knowledge, a neighbours tree and a storm blowing up all conspired against me.

Q: In the installation menu of the Pansat 2700A it asked for the LNB type, with the choices of Standard, Single Stack, Universal 1 , Universal 2, Single SL, Single SH ... (none of which sound right to me for a DTV Circular LNB) so which one should a DTV LNB be set at? (I'm not impressed with the Pansat manual, detailed information seems a foreign concept to them)

The neighbours tree is in the way, devoid of leaves but still inducing some attenuation of the signal. Using only the recievers signal meter I found no satellite even though I was getting higher signal levels with the LNB attached, probabky noise since it was everywhere. NewSat Finder ordered and on the way...

Possiblly a bad LNB after sitting outside for the last 3 years unused, but I have some spares (insert storm blowing up here before I could dig them out). I also have an old 40x30" PrimeStar dish I could hook up, and try if necessary. I got it to make a rain fade dish for DTV a few years back and never got around to it, but have started modifying its LNB mount to accept a 30mm LNB. One more on a long list of projects, but one I can do indoors while the weather is bad.

Where the New Dish will mount SHOULD have an onobstructed view pretty close from horizion to horizion.

But thats all for another day, Time to get ready for my trip to a friends to Party Hearty tonight and sleep it off before driving back home Sunday evening.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!
mike
Happy New Years Everyone!

WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum!

I would use Standard then make sure the L.O. is set to 11250 if you are using a DBS LNBF.

What I have done in the past to get an 18" dish working without in line signal meter is to look at other home in the area that have Dish network 500 dishs. So now I know kinda where to point the dish. If you drop us your zip code or one near you then someone might list out the sats and the elevation of each one for your zip?

If you have an Dish Network receiver around, (subbed or not) you can still use it to point your dish. It should have a spot to put your zip code in. After that it will tell you were to point the dish. Select dish 300 for type of dish.

I like that holder for the P* dish. I wish I had one. A SF-95 or other signal meter might help you find the sat.

Good luck and happy new year.

OldPhart said:
I recieved my first FTA reciever, a Pansat 2700A, but the 90cm dish, rotor and QPH-031 LNBF won't be here till the end of next week... so I thought I'd try and get NASA on EchoStar7 TP11 RHCP with my old DTV 18" dish and LNB. After wasting an hour trying to find my old Sat Finder I drug everything outside with it still lost, but determined to try with just the SatFinder Java Script cordinates... No joy, lack of knowledge, a neighbours tree and a storm blowing up all conspired against me.
Q: In the installation menu of the Pansat 2700A it asked for the LNB type, with the choices of Standard, Single Stack, Universal 1 , Universal 2, Single SL, Single SH ... (none of which sound right to me for a DTV Circular LNB) so which one should a DTV LNB be set at? (I'm not impressed with the Pansat manual, detailed information seems a foreign concept to them)
The neighbours tree is in the way, devoid of leaves but still inducing some attenuation of the signal. Using only the recievers signal meter I found no satellite even though I was getting higher signal levels with the LNB attached, probabky noise since it was everywhere. NewSat Finder ordered and on the way...
Possiblly a bad LNB after sitting outside for the last 3 years unused, but I have some spares (insert storm blowing up here before I could dig them out). I also have an old 40x30" PrimeStar dish I could hook up, and try if necessary. I got it to make a rain fade dish for DTV a few years back and never got around to it, but have started modifying its LNB mount to accept a 30mm LNB. One more on a long list of projects, but one I can do indoors while the weather is bad.

Where the New Dish will mount SHOULD have an onobstructed view pretty close from horizion to horizion.
But thats all for another day, Time to get ready for my trip to a friends to Party Hearty tonight and sleep it off before driving back home Sunday evening.
Thanks for any help or suggestions!
mike
Happy New Years Everyone!

OldPhart said:
30mmmount.jpg
I'd just like to be the first to admire your handywork on that LNB adaptor. That is dead sexy :clap .

Shawn

PSB, I've just set it up that way for next time, Thanks!

Ken, I've got the Satellite Finder 4.3 Java Script loaded and running for the coordinates ( EchoStar 7 119.0W 224.6 226.4 36.5 34.2), and have a new Sat Finder exactly like your avatar ordered. No Dish Network reciever, but I did look at a neighbours 500 dish for general direction... I think the tree is attenuating the signal too far, but will try again tomorrow, weather permitting. Thanks!

Shawn, Thanks for the compliment.

I did get it finished today. I made it on my Mill Drill... but a drill press, drill press vice, hole saw, drill bits, tap and tap wrench, hacksaw, file and a 3 1/4" piece of 2" x 1/2" aluminum stock are all thats needed to duplicate it. The LNBF mount hole can be a bit oversize and wrap the LNBF mount with inner tube, electrical tape... to make it a snug fit. Where theres a will theirs a way. ;)

Update: I tried again this AM, another storm blew up :( , got everything in and dried off, a shower and dry clothes and the storm had passed...

The 18" dish just didn't have enough capture area to see through the tree, but I fastened a mount to a piece of ply wood and tried the P* dish, first I hit 110, retweaked right and down a bit and got 119 (NASA) with low 80's level and around 90 on quality. At least I know it works now :D :D :D :D

Thanks Everyone!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

newbie needs help with 102g & old 1 meter primestar dish

DS-4062 for 121 bird

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)