Panasonic TVs return to the US with a huge 85 inch Mini LED screen

Is it? It’s a fairly popular streaming OS and it sets them apart from the competitors.
While the devices are popular, the OS itself isn't. Roku is a more popular choice there in terms of streaming devices and Google TV is a much better OS (and not currently involved in a transition to a new underlying OS as Fire TV OS is).
I doubt many buy a tv based on the built in streamlining OS personally. Maybe I’m wrong.
I think you're going to be surprised.

Reactions: John2021
My primary concern is my TV showing me TV-hosted Ads. My LG OLED is a TV set running webOS, no Ads. Okay, there are cards for movies on the home page on my C2 OLED, so I guess I can’t be all high-and-mighty. I heard Google TV was putting non-media ads on the home page. That was enough to put me off the current Sony, even though I had owned Trinitrons in the past.

In reality, I want a monitor, no smarts. Take all that effort put into supporting an App platform and put it into presenting the highest-quality image. No speakers necessary, either, since it’s going into a Home Theater.

I heard Google TV was putting non-media ads on the home page. That was enough to put me off the current Sony, even though I had owned Trinitrons in the past.
Can't recall ever seeing any non-media ads on my current Sony, 2020 model. Not sure if it is a setting somewhere.

Of course all the apps show teasers for their latest content.

Reactions: Foxbat
Those ads and tracking keep the TV prices lower than they would be otherwise.

I honestly don’t know a single person that uses the built in streaming capabilities of their tv over an external streaming device.

Outside of here apparently.

I’m surprised so many here on a tech related site do. The external streamer experience is far superior imo.

Reactions: John2021
I honestly don’t know a single person that uses the built in streaming capabilities of their tv over an external streaming device.
I am right now, but only because my Anthem AVM 70 processor had to go in and get a new HDMI Board ( quit working), the older processor I am using now, does not pass 4K HDR/DV, so I have to use the 3 inputs on the TV, then ARC out to the processor, just not enough on the TV, so the Roku is taking a break.

Reactions: Ronnie-
With my AVR, I would not touch e-arc with a ten foot pole. AppleTV for me.
With my Anthem in the shop and using my Yamaha 5100, that was built in 2015, I have to say, this has been my best experience with ARC, no issues at all.

Thing I have experienced in the past, drop outs, lip sync, not locking on to the signal, have been non existent this go around.

Since my TV (TCL 98” QM85) is newer, maybe they finally have the software worked out.

But, when I get the Anthem back, will be using it as the switcher, no more ARC, TV just does not have enough HDMI inputs for all my components

With my Anthem in the shop and using my Yamaha 5100, that was built in 2015, I have to say, this has been my best experience with ARC, no issues at all.

Thing I have experienced in the past, drop outs, lip sync, not locking on to the signal, have been non existent this go around.

Since my TV (TCL 98” QM85) is newer, maybe they finally have the software worked out.

But, when I get the Anthem back, will be using it as the switcher, no more ARC, TV just does not have enough HDMI inputs for all my components

What Anthem do you have ? I have the A5 and it's in the shop as well. Breakers won't reset.

Warning on 85" TVs