Outputing HD and SD on Sammy TS360

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blakeharrell

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2004
I've heard several people discuss a box that outputs HD and SD at the same time. I think mine does, but what is the advantage of this??
I have a Samsung TS360 and I think it does that, but I have everything going through my DVI to the television. What is the difference? Shouldnt DVI have a better picture than Component even on SD channels?

My Hitachi TV has a DVI and a Componant input on one input, so Can I plug both into one input or switch to input 2 when Im watching SD channels?

Thanks!

blakeharrell said:
I've heard several people discuss a box that outputs HD and SD at the same time. I think mine does, but what is the advantage of this??
I have a Samsung TS360 and I think it does that, but I have everything going through my DVI to the television. What is the difference? Shouldnt DVI have a better picture than Component even on SD channels?

I got rid of E* and my 811 that did both outputs and now have a D* E86 HDTV receiver that does only one or the other at the same time.

That is the *only* reason I miss the 811 receiver. I have my satellite inputs routed to 4 other tvs via a distribution amp. My wife and I watch the same things so when I have something on in HD, she is unable to see tv in any other room that she might be in.

One thing I have found is that with my Toshiba 50HDX82 tv, the picture is excellent in SD on a HDTV channel, so if I leave it on SD we're able to share the program.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

phone call earlier today

Multiswitch help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)