Out of Market NFL games for Dish Network?

cgott42

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 7, 2004
I know that even if you subscribe to the regional sports package, Dish Network blacks out the out of market NBA games (and I think MLB games) as they are available on the NBA and MLB season ticket.
However being that Dish doesn't offer the NFL season ticket, do they also black out the out of market NFL games too?

cgott42 said:
I know that even if you subscribe to the regional sports package, Dish Network blacks out the out of market NBA games (and I think MLB games) as they are available on the NBA and MLB season ticket.
However being that Dish doesn't offer the NFL season ticket, do they also black out the out of market NFL games too?
There are no NFL games on the sport networks by contract the NFL is on ABC,CBS,FOX and ESPN. Directv and the NFL Sunday Ticket is the only way to get out of market games.

I used to have Fox LA and Atlanta, CBS Denver and still have CBS new york. I was able to receive out of market games on these channels. I had distant abc for college games and where able to get them as well.

Just FYI that it’s not really D* or E* that blacks out anything; it is the regional sports network doing it to comply with the NFL's rules for broadcast rights. Very similar to the local into local and distant network availability, D* and E* have no control or say so, they just implement the action.

We used to get locally blacked out Raiders games in the SF Bay Area on the LA CBS channel, but since last year they are blacked out to us. Now, if you live in an area that doesn't have a local blackout of a local team, you'll see the games just fine. I see all the NY giants and Jets games from NY.

Bobby said:
We used to get locally blacked out Raiders games in the SF Bay Area on the LA CBS channel, but since last year they are blacked out to us. Now, if you live in an area that doesn't have a local blackout of a local team, you'll see the games just fine. I see all the NY giants and Jets games from NY.
I think the Raiders are the only team in the NFL to blackout home games!!

IIRC, the rule is that if the game is not sold out by Wed (or Thurs?), it will be blacked out. There are 2 teams that have been sold out for EVERY home game for decades - the Denver Broncos and the Washington Redskins, and therefore have not been blacked out in human memory :rolleyes: :).

I don't mean the local black out rules.
I mean to ask that if the game is not blacked out in the local market.
Will I be able to see it as part of the sports-regional (out of market) package where you get all of the fox sports networks.
I know that during the basketball season, even when the game is not blacked out to the local market it IS blacked out to the out of market areas (I assumed b/c it is shown on the NBA League Pass. Ditto is true for MLB. -- So , I was wondering that since Dish Network doesn't offer the NFL ticket, that perhaps it wouldn't be blacked out.

Once again, there is no NFL on the sports regional channels. You don't get the out of area games, period, unless you qualify for for Distant Nets.

SF 49r's

SimpleSimon said:
IIRC, the rule is that if the game is not sold out by Wed (or Thurs?), it will be blacked out. There are 2 teams that have been sold out for EVERY home game for decades - the Denver Broncos and the Washington Redskins, and therefore have not been blacked out in human memory :rolleyes: :).

Yes, and the 49r's have been sold out for as long as I can remember.....never blacked out. Their heydays are over for a while unfortunately, so ticket sales may diminish for future seasons for a while.

SimpleSimon said:
even the Jets and Giants have been sold out for years..infact the jets have enough gall to charge 50 bucks to be on their waiting list!! :mad: :mad:

boba said:
There are no NFL games on the sport networks by contract the NFL is on ABC,CBS,FOX and ESPN. Directv and the NFL Sunday Ticket is the only way to get out of market games.

Actually there is a way to get SOME NFL out of market games. If you have a RV or Truckers Exemption or live in a white area you can get Two Distant Cities and your local affiliates (I personally get my locals via a OTA antenna as well as Both NYC and LA via RV exemption).

Each and every week I get about 1-4 extra OUT of Market games on Sunday.

John

juan said:
I think the Raiders are the only team in the NFL to blackout home games!!

Really now that is funny, the NFL policy is to blackout each and every local DMA if that game is NOT sold out within 48 hours prior to kickoff.

If the local market can't or won't sellout the stadium then your local team will NOT be on TV.

Again this is in the hands of the local fans to fill or NOT fill the stadium, again each and every TEAM could be blacked out in the local market if the game is NOT sold out within 48 hours prior to kickoff.

John

SimpleSimon said:

Add the Giants and Packers to that list, each and every week all home games are soldout. Now the Jets are a different story.

John

JohnL said:
Add the Giants and Packers to that list, each and every week all home games are soldout. Now the Jets are a different story.

John
The Jets have a Four Year waiting list(I know because im on it)

Cinemax Question

921 and DVI-HDMI Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)