OTA now a no show

Status
Please reply by conversation.

981chartley

Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
SW Missouri
A few months ago I had a new HD tuner placed in family room and new HD DVR place in bedroom. Both were replaced by Directv tech from a probable lightning invasion.

OTA antenna lead comes to HD tuner in family room.

Now I cannot get the locals via OTA with the exception of local 12. All others have gone away.

If I take the antenna coax directly to the tv, all locals are accessible and mostly very clear.

With antenna to HD tuner, I have run antenna setup numerous times and all locals are listed as available, but I get 0% signal strenth. With antenna directly to tv I get signal strength of 65-92% depending on station set.

I have motorized antenna so I can rotate freely as I search for strongest directional and still no signals.

Am I missing something or do I maybe have a sick tuner.
I have not tried the OTA to HD DVR. My main use for OTA is in family room.

Any thoughts?

SW MO 64836
Directv
HR20

With antenna to HD tuner, I have run antenna setup numerous times and all locals are listed as available, but I get 0% signal strenth.

A few months ago I had a new HD tuner placed in family room and new HD DVR place in bedroom. Both were replaced by Directv tech from a probable lightning invasion.

OTA antenna lead comes to HD tuner in family room.

Now I cannot get the locals via OTA with the exception of local 12. All others have gone away.

If I take the antenna coax directly to the tv, all locals are accessible and mostly very clear.

With antenna to HD tuner, I have run antenna setup numerous times and all locals are listed as available, but I get 0% signal strenth. With antenna directly to tv I get signal strength of 65-92% depending on station set.

I have motorized antenna so I can rotate freely as I search for strongest directional and still no signals.

Am I missing something or do I maybe have a sick tuner.
I have not tried the OTA to HD DVR. My main use for OTA is in family room.

Any thoughts?

SW MO 64836
Directv
HR20

Possible causes:

1. Water in a connections somewhere/break in cable.

2. Bad BBand converter or bad LNB at dish or bad multi-switch at dish.

3. OTA tuner in HD receiver has gone bad

Last edited:
Try a digital converter

I was having a lot of drop out on my OTA thru my HR21. I replaced the connections, rescanned the channels and still my signals would flucuate between total loss to 100%. So I went to Radio Shack (convenient) and purchased a converter. Hooked it up and got a solid signal on all my channels.

So, the tuner is bad in my hdvr. Calling Directv about new hdvr.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Adapters and Wall Plates

Internet connectivity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts