OTA Install Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I will be having Directv come out next friday for a HD install including an OTA. All that appears to directly be in the way of half my digital locals is another two-story townhome next to me. If he puts the antenna on the 6 ft sat pole will it pick up the stations ok(farthest is 23 miles)? OR, should I offer him some extra when he gets here for maybe another taller pole instead?

After getting my direction straight with a compass, the antenna will need the view of my 119 dish which is 1/2 mile of open field then trees in the background, dunno if it will need to be high or not. Any ideas?

Being a rental unit I'm limited. I found a guy on AVS.forum that's right down the street with the $25 UHF radio shack antenna getting them all. He has it a few feet off the ground hidden by a bush. I figure if what the D* guy brings out doesn't work, I'll try the RS UHF antenna out.

I was doing some tinkering with my system the other day and made an interesting discovery. I have my OTA antenna diplexed into the feed from my D* ODU. Another diplexer separates the feeds before they reach the back of my H20. My OTA reception isn't bad for some channels, but some others are miserable. When I disconnect the satellite cable from the H20, my OTA reception increases exponentially and I can easily get everything out there.

Is there anything short of removing the diplexers that I can do to fix this? I already posted this in the OTA forum, but I thought I might try here in case someone with specific H20 experience could help me out. I know you can't diplex with the AT9, but I'm using the Phase III dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Star Trek - audio distortion?

What's up with Channel 114/New?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts