OTA EPG grabber

Status
Please reply by conversation.
To Steve, and any interested beta testers:

If you are running Mediaportal's TVService, EPG Collector may fail to tune unless you have another available ATSC tuner. Mediaportal grabs my tuner (Pinnacle PCTV 300/800e USB) and does NOT let it go unless I manually stop the TVservice. Even then if I EVER run Mediaportal again it will restart the TVService and cause it to start automatically when I reboot. I can even change the startup status of the service to "Manual" and it will return to "Automatic", if I EVER run Mediaportal again. Also, at least on my system, even after the Mediaportal TVservice has been stopped, I have to reboot/restart my USB tuner by unplugging it and plugging it back in before it can be used by EPG Collector.

It appears that this is not a fault in EPG Collector since DVBViewer, TSReader, and MYtheatre all fail to access the tuner given the same circumstances. Unlike Mediaportal the other applications can be run and will release the tuner when they don't need it, so EPG Collector does not have a problem getting along with them.

If this happens you will see in the log:

Tuner in use - ignored: The name of your tuner here

and you will get an exit code 6.

DRCars

Last edited:
Guys I'm interested in getting EGP, I would like to participate for EPG on QAM here in latin america.

By the way, I tryed your EPG on DVB-S but no luck using a Twinhan 1020a on Windows 7 x64

I imagine that nzsjb has moved on to other things by now, but maybe he will see your message. I couldn't get the EPG to work on satellite either with DW-TV but I didn't spend much time trying to get it to work.

DRCars

Hi Everyone,

Sorry I haven't visited this forum recently but I finished the ATSC implementatation with DR Cars and have been putting in other changes and testing for the next official release on Sourceforge which is hopefully now not too far away.

enb141 - are you still interested?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

please help ID my dish...

sat 43W in USA .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)