Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Lets have a second poll :)

(Read http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=71860 for more info on how this works.....)

If you had the setup (blind scan and can motor around), which band would you prefer to have (only can get free stuff on DVB, not encrypted, no analog and not DCII)

C-Band
KU Band

Can only pick one....now, lets say you can see the whole arc..from 58-148
NO LOS issues

Which one would you pick? Cant have both

I'd say KU just because yes C-Band has stuff, but KU has all the nets (most on one satellite)

and all the college hockey on KU Band (N Dakota, MN, Wisco, UMD :D

This is a huge toughie.
I'm going with Ku.... for now. I may change my tune after getting my C-band MicroBUD set up :D Thank god we don't really have to choose! ;)

CharredPC said:
This is a huge toughie.
I'm going with Ku.... for now. I may change my tune after getting my C-band MicroBUD set up :D Thank god we don't really ahve to choose! ;)

well, some have to due to constraints of where to put it

It was a toughie for me too

Hi, Ice:

It is a good poll, but you should put one more option: Both.

Curse you for quoting my spelling error before I edited it, lol. that'll teach me to hit post before proofreading!

At least half of what's on G10 Ku is on C-band on that other Galaxy bird, right?

air88 said:
HI, Ice:

It is a good survey. But you should put one more option: Both.

nope. read the rules in the first one. I'm taking this off the game the radio station that I listen to at work does. You can only have one (not both) :)

This is just a fun way to see what happens when people are use to both options and we say "you can only get one option".
:p

CharredPC said:
At least half of what's on G10 Ku is on C-band on that other Galaxy bird, right?

the equity stuff?

no

Some is duplicated on G3, but alot of the univision channels are there that arent on G10...but since I watch Univision for one thing..."Caliente" (Saturdays), it doesnt bother me

im gonna buck the trend and say c band. There is some real cool stuff on c band, most of the networks are available (dont forget the alaska mux on amc 7) plus there is newsworld, the fuse and the tube, fox movie channel, NASA channel, outdoor channel and lots more.

drhydro said:
im gonna buck the trend and say c band. There is some real cool stuff on c band, most of the networks are available (dont forget the alaska mux on amc 7) plus there is newsworld, the fuse and the tube, fox movie channel, NASA channel, outdoor channel and lots more.

I was going to say C-Band just because of the Anchorage Mux...but then remembered that UMD hockey is on AMC9 KU band and NoDak hockey is on G3 KU Band :)

Cascade said:
I'm going Cband, as long as I have my Tube I'm a happy bunny.
It'll also be nice to have the whole arc back, thanks Ice :)

If it was only true in real life, huh Cascade? :)

From 1988 to 1991` I had c-band only on a 10 ft dish and then upgraded to a Chap dual feedhorn. From 1991 to April 1996 had both.
Most of '96, didn't have any.
Oct 1996 thru Mar 1997 only 1 ku dish.
Mar 1997 thru Feb 1999 - 1 5 ft c-band dish which could only get 3 satellites because of the apartment balcony (cost $500 with the heavy patio mount) and 1 ku dish.
Feb 1999 thru Nov 2002 - 2 Ku dishes (1 Primestar) and 1 c band dish - 5 ft one.
Nov 2002 thru present - 7 ku dishes and the 1 5 ft dish that doesn't get used all that much. It sits on G3, T5 or G4 mostly if I have it on.
Soon to get a C lnbf from PSB to make one of the Ku dishes more mover friendly for c-band.

It's hard to pick one or the other...if you don't have cable/DirecTV or Dish then you need c-band. Ku is good if you get the "basic" cable channels. What I loved about c-band also was the wild feeds of the shows on the networks, and most of those are gone now. Left channel, right channel, in phase, out of phase.

I picked missing c-band because of the MLB games that are on the computer now anyway, but mostly I'd say analog is what I miss compared to digital.

I would have to say C-band myself.. Primarily because TV Japan and NHK are both only on C band.. no legal Ku :( Which is precicely why I bought that ASC421.. gonna try to hit PAS9 with a 1.2m ;)

I picked KU mainly because I can only have a 1 meter dish in this city and I think that I am stuck here for life unless I get a divorce. Its been so long since I have seen a C-band I am not even sure what is on it (yeah I know I can just look at lyngsat)

Iceberg said:
the equity stuff?

no

Some is duplicated on G3, but alot of the univision channels are there that arent on G10...but since I watch Univision for one thing..."Caliente" (Saturdays), it doesnt bother me

I have seen that Caliente a few times. A lot if not most of the time it is filmed on South Beach which I head down to every once in a while - don't think I'd fit in though since I am such a white boy even though my wife is latin. My kneck always hurts me when I come back from there cause its on a swivel. Most beautiful women I have ever seen anywhere :shocked

John Walsh said:
I picked KU mainly because I can only have a 1 meter dish in this city and I think that I am stuck here for life unless I get a divorce. Its been so long since I have seen a C-band I am not even sure what is on it (yeah I know I can just look at lyngsat)
John
This little fun game is kind of like a fantasy world

If you had a clear shot from 58-148 and could have whatever dish you needed :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sat Antenna Cable

Can I use starchoice dish for fta

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts