Organizing FTA Downloaded Channels with Gtools

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sharks

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
My Pansat 5000HC user interface is clumsy and doesnt allow for multiple channels to be selected and moved/renamed/deleted, etc.

Has anyone here used gtools or Channel Master or some other software package with a Pansat and could guide me to some instructions? I received gtools with the intitial firmware.

With gtools, can i upload channels from rcvr onto computer, then manipulate them, then re download back? I am asking because all of the internet searching I have done has led me to 2 concerns:

1. I cant tell what gtools actually does. I am confused by some remarks about using gtools to download firmware and such? I thought it was a channel editor...

2. I read something about people having an experience in which once they upload/download with gtools, their Pansats cease reception. is this bogus?

Can someone elucidate?

moved to FTA section

Sharks....please quit posting these in the General area. The FTA area is where these belong. (I have to keep moving them) :)

Ice, my apologies but the last posting I had was in the FTA area and was moved. I actually put a fair amt of diligence into reading through each forum category to find the best one. Under FTA, there is an Equipment section, a PC section, and a "What's Up There" Section. Since none of those seemed appropriate for a question on Channel Editing and Programminng and out of concern of posting to the wrong place again, I found the general forum was the most befitting.

Anyway bud, I am attempting to classify my posts appropriately and am sensitive to that. Please know that if it happens again, it is notwithout effort and diligence to find the right forum.

thanks

Sharks
under the FAQ, Whats up there, PC card and Reviews is the general area. You can post anything that has to due with FTA there :)

(also, you'll get more eyes seeing it here than in other areas) :D

Sharks said:
With gtools, can i upload channels from rcvr onto computer, then manipulate them, then re download back? I am asking because all of the internet searching I have done has led me to 2 concerns:

1. I cant tell what gtools actually does. I am confused by some remarks about using gtools to download firmware and such? I thought it was a channel editor...
I have not used Gtools to my receiver (might have to try that one of these days) but GTools allows you to dump your channel list into the computer, edit it (like rename channels) and then dump it back into your receiver. The whole firmware thing is basically for the hackers (and we don't allow that here) :)
2. I read something about people having an experience in which once they upload/download with gtools, their Pansats cease reception. is this bogus?

Can someone elucidate?
never heard of that. I know there has been some people that have worked with GTools. Hopefully they can chime in :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LED indicating when the Disecq motor is running

Has anyone tried....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)