Status
Please reply by conversation.

beer4me

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 3, 2009
Gowganda North Ontario
I really like my Openbox unit , but , I seem to have 1 problem. I can set the time , but , always lose my setting when I turn it off [ not the master switch ] . It must be me , but , any help ? Thanks in advance .:eek:

No, it's not you, most people's don't retain the time. (The few that have reported it retaining the time, also say that it shows the time on the front panel when in standby mode. Nobody else's does.)

Actually, the problem is more complex than it appears. It retains the time when in standby, but when it comes out of standby, it resets it. (At least, this is what it does on the firmware versions I tried.) You can verify this by setting a timer. It'll wake up for the timer, but then no subsequent timers will work because it'll lose the time.

You MIGHT be able to work around it by setting GMT=ON in the settings screen, which tells it to get the time from the satellite. (Don't forget to set your timezone too.) That way, when it wakes up for the first timer, it SHOULD reset the time so that later timers will work. The problem with this is, some transponders DON'T broadcast the time, and some that do broadcast the time, broadcast their local time instead of GMT. So it's far from an ideal solution.

Doesn't it shut off after the recording though? Kind of makes it hard to schedule more than one recording.

Now that I know it's not me , would't it be great if they [ whoever ] came up with a software update ? Or , is it too complicated ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

LNB Suggestions

Openbox S9- NA satellite channel lists and a bit more information!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)