Openbox S9 no video need to blind load firmware

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rrob311

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2010
New England
Hi I loaded some new firmware into my openbox and now I have no video. Vformat does nothing. I have tried composite and hdmi but no output. It still shows boot when turning on and 0094 when on. Can someone give me a step by step with the remote so I can try to load good firmware? I cannot see the screen.

you will need to go back to the very America working file . You will need to load the file via the RS232 using an old computer with COM port. Here are the files need it for, good luck

Openbox S9 Upgrade Tool v2.0.0.0.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

HDS2_CM_america.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

p.d
Here is a great suggestion from me:
Once your Openbox is working fine and if you don't know for sure that your box is not a clone DO NOT UPDATE WITH RECENT FIRMWARES since they already included a bomb to kill the clones. Make sure you read the release text file attached to the them. Also make some reading in the forums before you do so.

How do you set this up? I think I might be able to do a USB load if someone can tell me the buttons to press on the remote to start it.

OK, I got video again- I had to hook the box up to my older Magnavox 50" DLP. It allows me to see the screen in every mode. I just switched it out. But the american file you sent me won't allow me to access the menus. This is a drag. I tried to save all of the files before I did this but I am not sure which file has the channel list on it.

If you did a dump by USB to your pen drive before anything it should be as DUMP_.abs. All your channels should be there. All you need to do is update by USB, insert the pen drive , look for the dump file and do an update (yellow boton)

I saved all of the old channels I had. Does that North American file you sent me block you out of the menus when you first boot it up? The only option that is allowed is update by USB. Does it unlock the menus when you load the tp-prog file? I can't get any of the newer firmwares with the new menus to work.

If you upgraded the firmware, there's probably nothing in "USER DATA"(TP_Prog) so there is nothing to select. Re-install your channel list and the menu items may return.(just a guess)

Yep!! Its not that is blocking . It is that is nothing already on you box. If you just did a plain HDS2_Dump.abs and didn't picked or checkmarked the SYSTEM SETTING, all you have is the channel list. Suppose you had picked system setting it will also includes the TP_Prog.dbs. So if you do have a separate TP_Prog.dbs file do a USB upgrade thru the misc files after you load the Dump. Once its finish with the TP_prog , turn off and the on the box on the back. It will only load the TP_Prog when you do the boot. Keep us update!!!

OK I loaded the transponder list and now I have channels but still no menu access. I wonder what file I would need to access them.

It's not just you. I tested the American version of the firmware from Yojia's site (I assume that that's where you got yours?) and after loading the transponder list, I still can't access anything on the menu other than the upgrade option. So, back to the previous version of the firmware I go! (I wasn't keen on getting the slow blind scan anyway, but I just wanted to see the fancy new menus on my box...)

By the way, I tested the Asian version from the Yojia site also. It has the old menus. (And the default menus are in English, so I don't know what's Asian about it -- probably just the satellite list.)

Yojia has backpedaled again. They have "new" S9 firmware posted with a date on the link of May 19th, but if you download and install it, you find that it's the May 5th firmware. This is the second time they've done this, that I'm aware of. At least the first time, the firmware worked, more or less, unlike this last one that had the S10-lookalike menus.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Florida's on AMC 3

Is 85w AMC 16 up Today?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)