Openbox s9 lnb voltage when receiver is off

Status
Please reply by conversation.

veryboard

Original poster
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Hi everyone I am new to this site and it looks great,lots of excellent info.Been having some problems with S9's ,it was only getting horizontal tp 's.The voltage regulator tested really high in voltage on all three legs of regulator,so I replaced it.I now get all the transponders vertical and horizontal stations come in clear.The trouble I have now is when I shut down receiver with remote there is still power going to lnb.I have it hooked through a vbox-x and the vbox will not turn off like it is supposed to.If you flick switch at back of receiver off the vbox will shut down.I tested vbox with a second receiver and it will turn off then no problem.Does anyone know if there is some kinda micro switch before the regulator that is triggered when receiver is powered down?Any help on this would be really appreciated.

If your S9 was updated with the most non factory firware version which fix the clock problem what really this new firm version does is to keep the box in some kind of off/stanby motion. What really the firm does is to keep the box internally half way On and as a result power will keep be sending.

My S9 is running DEEP_C2DS2_CMT_1112130641.abs, Info screen reads C2HS2-11-12-13-048:CMT. (This is the 3rd party modified S10 FW that also works on the S9) The LNB power is gone when the power is shut off(Standby) via the remote. And my GBox also shuts down.
Thread: http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...rking-clock-read.html?highlight=working+clock
Don't know, but it may have been uploaded to the Firmware section here at SatelliteGuys.

Thanks for everyone's input.I have two S9's with the same firmware on them witch is DEEP_C2DS2_CMT_1112130641.abs.One S9 works with vbox-x shuts down properly,and the other one that I replaced voltage regulator does not power down vbox-x.I am pretty sure it is a hardware problem,I will just keep poking around hopefully I will find the problem one day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FTA networks.

Question for Babadem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)