Onscreen Guide

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
Everyday my 722 does the update at 9am. (I use it as alarm clock because the static sound the tv2 make makes me jump out of bed) a few times this has happen when it does the reboot, downloads guide data and back to watching tv to find out it didn't save the guide data and it says No information available to guide a day or two in the future. Is this a common problem or
signs the 722 is slowly on it's way to death?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

It isn't neccessarily common. I would say run a check switch test and that should prompt a full epg download. If it doesn't, do a hard reset. If that doesn't fix it then it is on its way out and should either chat in or if u prefer call in to replace it. Be sure to get an ehd to back it all up b4 it goes out completely.

KAB said:
Do the hard reset first, then run check switch.

Either way is fine. I personally notice that the check switch test fixes it more but resetting it first does make more since. Happy troubleshooting.

csmith5111 said:
Either way is fine. I personally notice that the check switch test fixes it more but resetting it first does make more since. Happy troubleshooting.

I did the check switch yesterday and that fixed it this is probably like the 5th time I noticed it. Didn't realize it until I noticed my dvr didn't record my program last night.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Universal Remote Codes for VIP 722 DVR

how to make this setup work?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)