Only want TV for 6 months of the year! Is Dish a decent option?

new_berlin

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
I know this sounds strange but I'm only interested in subscribing in Fall (Sept-Jan). I've seen the occasional deal with no requirement for a long commitment even with free installation and equipment? Is this for real?

Also is there a monthly extra-fee to get a 811 HD receiver? (I mean why would anybody in their right mind opt for 301 if the 811 is also being offered as free equipment.)

Any replies would be appreciated. I have never subscribed to DISH before.

You're referring to the Digital Home Advantage or DHA ?? It really is no committment (order from Dish, not a reseller as some will impose their own contract with you), free equipment and installation.

The 811 also has no fee associated with it but if you are given an 811, I'm sure you *have* to subscribe to Dish's HD tier, an add'l $10/month or so.

In order to do what you interested in. You'll need to own the equipment. To can get in you can use the free dish plan, but you'd have to subscribe for a full year for the first year then after that you can subscribe to just the six months you want then only pay $5 a month for the other months to keep your account active.

If you went with the DHA plan you'd have to keep at least AT60 all the time or return the equipment. And if you did that then you'd no longer be considered a current customers and you couldn't get any deals to come back on

Switching b/w OTA and SAT

No IR on 721

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)