One of 6 locals disappeared, received for over a year.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bkline99

Original poster
Oct 7, 2006
North West Michigan
I have a LG LSS 3200A DirecTV HD receiver that has been working great for the past 4 years receiving the HD package etc. Problem is that although I have been receiving the locals from the 72.5 NET 7 satellite for the past year, one of the channels (FOX) just became unavailable. I receive ch 7, 9, 14, 27, 29 but ch 33 FOX will not confg now but it was there this past month. [ This is disaster because it is my sports channel ] Have received ch 33 but does not confg whatever I do. I have swapped out the WB68 multi-switch, the 72.5 single LNB and the 3 LNB combo for the 101 etc. Have checked the continuity of the cables from the disk to the multi-switch. The signal strength is close to 80 for all four satellites.
I have gone through the setup every which way AUTO CONFG, MANUAL CONFG, have unplugged the receiver and all that stuff with out success. Have called DirecTV and yes ch 33 is part of my locals and they walk me through the same routine and then they say for $70 we will be glad to fix your problem. Would appreciate help on this one. Thanks

bkline99

So what happens when you select that channel??

Sign up for DirecTV warranty/Call up for service call it should be at a reduced rate/
Get system fixed/After everything is working fine/Cancel warranty.Good Luck!:welcome

That is not a bad idea. I have had DirecTV for over 12 years, you would think they would cut you a break on this problem. Because DirecTV like so many other companies now days are constantly changing the rules I don't know if one can cancel the warranty program at any time. I will check it out, thanks.

better idea...

Sign up for DirecTV warranty/Call up for service call it should be at a reduced rate/
Get system fixed/After everything is working fine/Cancel warranty.Good Luck!:welcome

Call and tell them you will cancel service unless they come fix it for free and they can shove their 5 buck warranty fee up their you know what.

From the description, the OP is in the Traverse City market.

I would contact both DirecTV and the local FOX station WFQX. Tell WFQX that you aren't receiving the station via DirecTV, and tell DirecTV you aren't receiving a station that is in your local channels and has been for over a year.

I would also email DirecTV's technical support for local channels at Locals-technical@directv.com

Sounds like a receiver/authorization problem to me, especially if you switched the switch and lnb. Do you have other receivers, or just one? Is it out on all or just one?

Call and have them remove/re-add the box to see if reauthorizing it helps. I had a problem on an HR20 with missing locals (hd ones there, sd ones not) and that process fixed it.

Sounds like a receiver/authorization problem to me, especially if you switched the switch and lnb. Do you have other receivers, or just one? Is it out on all or just one?

Call and have them remove/re-add the box to see if reauthorizing it helps. I had a problem on an HR20 with missing locals (hd ones there, sd ones not) and that process fixed it.

I would have to agree with you that maybe the ch 33 is not authorized in my receiver. The third time I talked to a DirecTV tech I ask them to turn it off and then back on again and was told they give it a command that is suppose to restart but they did not turn it off like I ask.

On my second complaint (this has been going on for a month now) and with talking to the tech who spent about 30 minutes with me she told me that the ch 33 was my only channel on the 72.5 and the rest of the locals were on the other birds. I question that one.

I would have to agree with you that maybe the ch 33 is not authorized in my receiver. The third time I talked to a DirecTV tech I ask them to turn it off and then back on again and was told they give it a command that is suppose to restart but they did not turn it off like I ask.

On my second complaint (this has been going on for a month now) and with talking to the tech who spent about 30 minutes with me she told me that the ch 33 was my only channel on the 72.5 and the rest of the locals were on the other birds. I question that one.

Nice try, but they are all there:
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/directvusa72.html

Call again and make them completely remove the receiver and then readd it. When the remove it, you reboot it, just to clear everything out. Their reauthorization command (which is what they did) works sometimes, but not always. Remove/readd is what fixed my missing sd locals problem.

Nice try, but they are all there:
http://www.lyngsat.com/packages/directvusa72.html

Call again and make them completely remove the receiver and then readd it. When the remove it, you reboot it, just to clear everything out. Their reauthorization command (which is what they did) works sometimes, but not always. Remove/readd is what fixed my missing sd locals problem.

Sat, Oct 21, 2006 at 10:31 AM EDT

Had DirecTV deactivate and then activate my account per your advice and that did the trick, ch 33 is back. Many thanks for all the input from everyone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv/Dish Pointing Question

NFL Week 7 SundayTicket/SuperfaN Sched

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)