ONE MILLION customers?

HDNewser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 21, 2007
Long Island, New York
A friend who got FiOs triple-play installed a week ago got a call from Verizon saying she might be their one-millionth FiOS customer! Last time I heard, they admitted to 750,000 subscribers.

Hopefully your friend will win a free year of service! Just to clarify, the One Millionth customer would be for FiOS broadband - they started rolling out service in 2005, added 517k subscribers in 2006, and another 177k subscribers during 1st quarter.

As for FiOS TV, they had 348k paying customers at the end of March after adding 141k during 1st Quarter. Anyway, they should be nearing 500,000 customers at the end of June and appear to be on-track to have 750,000 customers by years end.

If only I could get service in my neck-of-the-woods, Comcast/Adelphia broadband would be history, at minimum.

I was the first one in my neighborhood to get FiOS. I told my neighbors about it have gotten them to dump Cox and go Vz. Now I see more people switching over to Vz FiOS now.

All I have to say, glad to dump Cox. I have no more video problems like I did with Cox. Since i had it installed its been rock solid.

I was the first one in my neighborhood to get FiOS. I told my neighbors about it have gotten them to dump Cox and go Vz. Now I see more people switching over to Vz FiOS now.

All I have to say, glad to dump Cox. I have no more video problems like I did with Cox. Since i had it installed its been rock solid.
If only they would dig faster, has more money, and a better HD DVR...folks would be switching over from Dish Network and DirecTV by the millions. I see FiOS, along with the cable triple-play, eventually forcing E* and D* to merge to stay in business. We shall see.

If only they would dig faster, has more money, and a better HD DVR...folks would be switching over from Dish Network and DirecTV by the millions. I see FiOS, along with the cable triple-play, eventually forcing E* and D* to merge to stay in business. We shall see.
nah E* makes their bread and butter off of the rural folks ..as long as D* keeps the sunday NFL ticket they will stay in business..Cablevision is in deep trouble

I am NOT looking forward to this new guide!

Any new HD content coming?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)