Old unsubbed DirecTV receiver ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kstuart

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 5, 2006
Northern California
I know that DirecTV channels don't use DVB, so they cannot be FTA even when they are unencrypted.

So, the thought occurred to me - are there any unencrypted DirecTV channels that are visible using no-longer-subbed receivers ? (I know that NASA TV can be seen with an unsubbed Dish Network receiver and in fact, my car mechanic has a Dish receiver and dish that he uses only to watch NASA.)

101W comes to mind, but any other DirecTV slot's unencrypted channels might be of interest.

Also, same question for BEV - I know that nothing other than promo channels is currently FTA - but is anything else visible only with an unsubbed BEV receiver ?

CBC used to be with a Bev and a Dish receiver, but that was years ago now.
Nothing ever on DirecTV

A DirecTV receiver with a recently subbed card can occasionally see the preview channels, but the cards are killed quickly once you cancel the account.

So, for all practical purposes, these unused DirecTV receivers are useless.

I know that DirecTV channels don't use DVB, so they cannot be FTA even when they are unencrypted.

So, the thought occurred to me - are there any unencrypted DirecTV channels that are visible using no-longer-subbed receivers ? (I know that NASA TV can be seen with an unsubbed Dish Network receiver and in fact, my car mechanic has a Dish receiver and dish that he uses only to watch NASA.)

101W comes to mind, but any other DirecTV slot's unencrypted channels might be of interest.

Also, same question for BEV - I know that nothing other than promo channels is currently FTA - but is anything else visible only with an unsubbed BEV receiver ?

Last time I looked at the DTV birds with the Genpix, I only saw one or two free previews in FTA mode.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Twinhan crashes

More questions about alignment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)