Old Recievers...where to dispose?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bfkidd

Original poster
Nov 24, 2005
With my DVR purchase soon to arrive I am now up to 5 phased out receivers. 2 multi-sat capable, 3 H/HU gen. So how do you folks get rid of these things?

Back in the day you could always ebay them with an HU to some would be hacker but those days have long gone by.

bfkidd said:
With my DVR purchase soon to arrive I am now up to 5 phased out receivers. 2 multi-sat capable, 3 H/HU gen. So how do you folks get rid of these things?

Back in the day you could always ebay them with an HU to some would be hacker but those days have long gone by.
Thrift stores, Classified ads and always the Circular File. :)

If you don't sell them, seek out an electronics recycler, never toss them in the trash or a dump as some of the components are poisonous/hazardous.

charper1 said:
If you don't sell them, seek out an electronics recycler, never toss them in the trash or a dump as some of the components are poisonous/hazardous.

That's why I'm asking.

bfkidd said:

Check with your local "Solid Waste Authority". Many of them have a special time, several times during the year, when they collect old computers and electronic equipment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Atten: South Florida D* Installers

HD Package x2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)