Ok back in the game, need some help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

olliec420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
Pensacola, FL
Ok i bought a birdog and a new geosatpro 90cm dish with the standard pll lnb.

I havne had much time but this evening i got it on 83 with pretty good Q.

I use my VS and blind scan in PBJE TUFE and something else and they come in great.

I put on the AZBOX and blind scan gets NOTHING! WTF am I doing wrong?

theyd have to at least show the same thing on the DVB-S SD side right?

Did you try to manually input the tp info into the Az and see if it would lock them that way?

Doublecheck your setup info also, I have screwed up on that a time or 3.

i did check all that :confused: going to keep playing, the all frequency scan asks setup on the AZ it has a symbol rate spot... so i wonder if its only going to scan i.e. 22000 on all possible TPs? how do you do a true blind scan on AZ if thats true?

ok manually did it and it worked this time, why i dont know and also why a blind scan didnt get it. anyone else know how to do a proper blind scan on az ultra latest f/w

ok found the answer in another thread answered by ice, as always thanks! no blind scan but on 1 s/r what kinda bull is that?

Can't help you on that, I have an Az Elite but it doesn't have blind scan. I'm thinking the blind scan on your Ultra may be software-based?

Since I got the Openbox S9s a couple years back I rarely use the Az, just for a (very) occasional 4:2:2 feed.

The tuner used in the AzBox Elite and Premium (not plus) don't support hardware blindscan. A software blindscan was added in later firmware versions but it only can scan a narrow SR rate range at a time.

The tuner used in the AzBox Ultra, Premium Plus, Me and miniMe all fully support hardware blindscan so the blinscan searches all SR rates and performs much better than a software blindscan.

Regards,

PwrSurge

AzBox Canada

Can't help you on that, I have an Az Elite but it doesn't have blind scan. I'm thinking the blind scan on your Ultra may be software-based?

Since I got the Openbox S9s a couple years back I rarely use the Az, just for a (very) occasional 4:2:2 feed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mars Curiosity Rover News Briefing (7 minutes of terror)

Solomend/Sathawk 800 motor problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)