October 2nd ESPN games

doublespiral

Original poster
Sep 30, 2010
Mexico
OK, maybe you guys can help me with this:

I am trying to watch two separate football games this weekend. I currently have my DishNetwork dish in Mexico temporarily, but my account is originally from the SF Bay Area.

I get the normal cable channels, but do not get the local network channels (because they are spot beamed to San Francisco and my dish is currently here in Mexico).

So this means I get the ESPN family, but don't get ABC.

The games I want to watch are:

Oklahoma vs. Texas
Stanford at Oregon

According to the coverage maps, ABC will be showing the OU-Texas game in the West. But, according to my program guide on my TV, they are also showing the game on ESPN Alternate (channel 145). The map seems to indicate that 145 is only showing this game for another part of the country, but it is coming up on my program guide. Will I get it?

Similarly, according to the coverage maps, ABC will be showing the Stanford-Oregon game in the west. Again, according to the program guide on my TV, it says that this game will be on the ESPN2 Alternate (channel 146). The map shows that 146 is showing this game in another area of the country, but it too is showing on my program guide. Will I get this one?

I would assume that the maps would be accurate and that I won't receive the alternate channels 145 & 146, so I was surprised to see them listed on my TV's program guide with the games I want to watch, since ABC in unavailable. If they are listed on the guide, does that mean I get them? Or is that just a national listing and not specific to my area (although the times are all listed in Pacific time)?

Thanks in advance!

Vip722k - L668 update

1000.5 Western Arc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)