Now THIS is a role model!

KCK_Halo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 16, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
After reading this heartwarming article, D. Wade definitely appears to be the kind of athlete I would want kids to look up to and emulate. And I don't get the "smell" from it that it is publicity-driven.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3792612"]Miami Heat's Dwyane Wade donates home to displaced family - ESPN[/ame]

Merry Christmas to you, Dwyane. May your spirit permeate throughout professional sports!

...and the Happiest of Holidays to all here @ SatelliteGuys.

Nice to know there is a superstar who have a heart.

Not everybody is a Vick or a Pacman in this world. Many people focus on the jerks in sports, but there ARE good apples out there.

yeah but the media thinks it is because they have something to talk about for weeks on end. This story will get maybe a blip on a pregame or a "filler" spot

Iceberg,

I would hope it gets alot of play on today's pre, mid, and post game shows on ABC. But I agree with what you say...by Monday it will be gone. :confused:

Good for him. It also shows players using there money wisely. He's not spending it on something stupid or blowing all his dough like you see with other athletes.

Also, take a look at a guy like Warrick Dunn. He's been through hell and back and yet he took care of his family and other people.
It shows that there are GOOD guys in sports and not just a bunch of Pacman Jones'.

Ironic that this story of D.Wade is brought up not too far from the date the great Roberto Clemente....a man who gave his life helping people in need.

Thanks D. Wade....

Rest in peace Momen....!

Ironic that this story of D.Wade is brought up not too far from the date the great Roberto Clemente....a man who gave his life helping people in need.

Thanks D. Wade....

Rest in peace Momen....!
I hear you Salsa. 36 years ago. I can still remember where I was and what I was doing when my Dad called with the terrible news. I was 14 and the only true sports hero I've ever had was gone. Sad day. :(

Clemente_3000_Hit.jpg

rc911g.jpg

Last edited:
I hear you Salsa. 36 years ago. I can still remember where I was and what I was doing when my Dad called with the terrible news. I was 14 and the only true sports hero I've ever had was gone. Sad day. :(

Nice to know that with Wade the STILL is a legacy of good people doing good things for those that are not as fortunate as others.

Clemente_3000_Hit.jpg

rc911g.jpg

Unfortunately I was only 5 when he died, so I can only watch videos of him.

After reading this heartwarming article, D. Wade definitely appears to be the kind of athlete I would want kids to look up to and emulate. And I don't get the "smell" from it that it is publicity-driven.

ESPN - Miami Heat's Dwyane Wade donates home to displaced family

Merry Christmas to you, Dwyane. May your spirit permeate throughout professional sports!

...and the Happiest of Holidays to all here @ SatelliteGuys.

I read that yesterday and was very moved. Awesome story indeed.

Sure beats another story about some athlete beating his wife/girlfriend, getting shot, steroids,etc.... wish we had more stories like this. Thanks D. Wade for brightening up my day, and restoring some of my love for sports and those that play them.

NFL Wild-Card Schedule- Which games are on Saturday and Sunday and when?

Ellis fined $10,000

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts