Nothing work yet but hope still alive

Status
Please reply by conversation.

guo248

Original poster
Dec 9, 2004
Help needed
I have worked all day to set up the system
Pansat 2500/SG2100 DiSEqC Motor/WINEGARD 76cm KU band OffSet Stell dish/ASC321-2 Universal Digital Ready Ku LNBFs
My latitude is 40.0247 north and longitude -83.0639 west
the pole perfectly plumb and level mast and all angels are set as said in the manuals. I picked up Nimiq2 as my south most sat and pointed my dish toward that direction, entered my latitude and longitude in USALS in my receiver, siganl was 69% but quality was 0, I tried serveal other sats even used the smart search no luck at all. WHAT COULD BE WRONG. here are my questions
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
(1) Is Nimiq2 right south most sat and then what transpond is active
(2) I was trying to point the dish toward Nimiq2, the compass was crazy and not pointing the same direction consistently and I was not sure which direction was true to Nimiq2. Any idea how to fix the crazy compass
(3)when I set 23.7 degrees as "Dish Bracket Angle", I could not find a clear marker marking this angle and that thick nut cover at least 15 degrees on Dish Bracket Angle slide ( you know what I am talking about). what mark would you use to set this angle or this is not that important
(4) I might mess up and want try it all over again, how can I drive the motor back to zero
Thank you for help
guo248

1/ Nimiq2 is a DBS satellite so you would have to use a DBS LNB to get it (and also change your LNB L.O. to 11250)

2/ Take many readings from different places near by the dish not right next to it, and use it as a guide only, you will have to be able to see the TV and the signal quality meter to be able to find any satellite.

3/ There is a little half arrow on the SG2100 you line that up with the angle on one side and your latitude on the other, each side of the motor has a diierent scale printed on it make sure you look at both sides and check they are correct as per the manual.

4/ To get the motor back to zero go back to your true south satellite in the antenna set up screen, enter your Lat. and Long. and hit USALS and it should motor the dish back to zero, if not you can move it back using DiSEqC 1.2 manually.

Your getting there!

Pete,I guess my universal 2 Ku LNBFs does not cover DBS. Can you recommond another sat as my south most sat, prefer to the west.
guo248

I would use AMC-9 at 85 w. it should get you pretty close just set up as before enter Lat. + Long. press USALS (use AMC-9) and the motor will move the few deg. that it needs to be at the correct position to find AMC-9.

I use the below channel/TP. to find AMC-9

11754 Mhz. H 4234 S/R.

http://www.lyngsat.com/amc9.html

I will try it tommorrow. thanks. Are you on call 24 x 365 for help?
guo248

I am here as much as I can between installs, feel free to give me a call if I can help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

G10R radio?

installation help?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)