not receiving expected channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

d1mbu1b

Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
Melbourne Florida
I am new to FTA and this board, so please excuse my ignorance.

setup
pansat 3500s, stab hh90 rotor, 75cm dish, digital Ku band LNBF, RG6 cabling. stab rotor set at 28 degrees; dish elevation set at 41 per instructions for an effective 60 degree elevation.

satellites with lock
30, 74, 79, 87, 91, 95, 97, 99, 101, 103, 105, 116,8 , 121, 127, 129 not sure why i don't get 123?

problem
I only seem to receive a subset of the available FTA channels on each satellite. For example I think I should get PBS on AMC 3 (87) but I only get bloomberg.

questions
1 If I get a good quality level on each of these satellites, why doesn't the 'channel search' find all the FTA channels?
2 Do I need a different LNB?
3 Would a circular linear combo LNB help?
Any information you can provide would be appreciated.

Thank you for letting me participate in this forum, it is an excellent source of information. But I seem to get lost with all of the info.

The company I purchased my system from just refuses to answer any questions and actually seems annoyed by the fact that I called them.
The dish and rotor they supplied wasn't even physically compatible. I had to cut and grind the mounts so they didn't bind up on each other. the customer service is non existent. I should have used one of your gold sponsors but they were the only one that had the pansat in stock.

Hopefully the proliferation of FTA users will create a business case for broadcasters to provide additional programming to us.

Respectfully,
Jeff

Hello and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum :welcome

"Channel Search" may be only scanning the stored transponders.
Not all channels scan in even with blind scan, now and then you will have to enter them manually.

Make sure the L.O. is set correctly for the type of LNBF you have..

Standard = 10750

Universal 9750-10600

PBS seems to be a lower signal the last couple days...I could barely get them in (locked signal but no picture)

You can do a transponder scan....go to AMC3 and in the menu
-antenna install (password)
-Transponder scan (I think its the 3rd one down)
-select AMC3
-see if following is in setup (12110 Frequency, H polarity 14025 symbol rate). If it is, scroll to it and see if you have a signal. If you do, then hit "OK" and it will scan that transponder

Otherwise, you can always do a smart scan. That brings in the new/weird/fun stuff :)

Thank you for the quick replies.
Its rare to find people who genuinely want to help.

As usual its probably pilot error.
I will do as suggested, thanks again.

the pbs stations are all at low signals now (except for the alaska one ;-) I was getting them in at ~80% sq off of my BUD , now they are down in the 50% sq range.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cubavision

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)