No Signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We are not getting any kind of signal on sat 101 or 110... Only good signal on sat 119... We have directv 3lnb multiswitch, only 1 tv... Do I need a new dish?

Is this a new install that you are doing or existing service and you now don't have service ?

Which exact 3 lnb set up do you have ?
There have been several used.
IF it's the new 3 LNB , you won't get the 110 or 119, so I would say it's pointed at the wrong spot.
If it's the older 3 lnb set up, it did get the 101, 110 and 119, which might be just a need for a tweak of the dish.

I have had this particular dish for about a year now... This all started after a power outage in the middle of the night... We upgraded all wiring from dish to house and even got a signal detector which says we are getting a great signal from the satellite... But we can only get a signal from 119 of about 75 to 80... 101 and 110 are at 0...

We have a Thompson triple feed mulitswitch, an older one...

We've cut down several branches, even a tree that could have possibly been in the way, but to no avail... It's a pretty clear shot of the southern sky...

I have had this particular dish for about a year now... This all started after a power outage in the middle of the night... We upgraded all wiring from dish to house and even got a signal detector which says we are getting a great signal from the satellite... But we can only get a signal from 119 of about 75 to 80... 101 and 110 are at 0...

We've cut down several branches, even a tree that could have possibly been in the way, but to no avail... It's a pretty clear shot of the southern sky...

I would say you have the dish that gets the 101, 110 and 119 and you need to keep tweaking the dish or call D* out to do it.

Trim more branches ?

Remember that the sat signal comes in a lot higher than the lnb arm sits. So when you said you trimmed trees, if theres anything higher, that could also be in the way.

I just trimmed a friends last week, it looked above the dish level and was only a small leafy branch a few feet over the dish , trimmed it and gained 20 points.

BTW, you may want a moderator trim your username.
Broadcasting your email address on a public forum is just asking for a boatload of spam.:)

I'm guessing the power outage fried the lnb. Could the dish have moved? What signal levels are you getting on 119?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Assistance Please - Can Directv do what Dish cannot?

on screen caller ID

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)