no internet connection to my tv

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ferman1979

Original poster
Aug 7, 2011
Louisiana
Im new to directv and had it installed proffesionally. well i dont have internet to my tv. i have a deca box but didnt have internet at the time so he told what to do. I did that and its not working. so heres what i did. my DVR box is on one side of my fire place and the deca box is on the other side. my modem and router are in my master bedroom. i have iwirelss internet to everything but my tvs. i ran an ethernet cord from router in bedroom to the deca box in living room. configuered my box following directy guidelines and tried to connect and nothing, still says i have no internet connection. so if anyone has any clue what is going on and can help me, i would much appreciate it

Is this a white or black DECA? Is the DECA connected to its own port on a splitter or is it hanging off the back of the receiver in the living room? What lights, if any, are on? Does the Link light on your router turn on for that port?

Did you red button reset both receivers after the DECA was connected?

black, through a splitter, all 3 lights light up, the networking light blinks but stays lit. router light is lit for port 1. Only reset the one in my living room and nothing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tailgaters Dream Setup

What Satellites must be visible for new HD install - Northern NJ

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)