No horizontal transponders on SES 1 101

tiredold

Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Hello,
I cannot get 4180 H on SES 1, 101 (or other H transponders)
PIC_0107.JPG
. I get both polarities on other sats, but not SES1. On verticals I get signal strength of 91, and quality of 72. Even when I swap over to KU, ulta good signal. Just cannot figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, I put this dish up June 1985.

Hello,
I cannot get 4180 H on SES 1, 101 (or other H transponders)View attachment 172530. I get both polarities on other sats, but not SES1. On verticals I get signal strength of 91, and quality of 72. Even when I swap over to KU, ulta good signal. Just cannot figure it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh yeah, I put this dish up June 1985.

Nice setup! :) First off, these channels changed parameters, twice I believe, a short time back. Perhaps a rescan will bring them back as it did for others. Another thing I can think of is a member here was having a similar issue after doing a repair on their dish. Their feed was off center just a tiny amount and it was enough to lose 101w horizontal polarity while still receiving vertical.

Nice setup! :) First off, these channels changed parameters, twice I believe, a short time back. Perhaps a rescan will bring them back as it did for others. Another thing I can think of is a member here was having a similar issue after doing a repair on their dish. Their feed was off center just a tiny amount and it was enough to lose 101w horizontal polarity while still receiving vertical.

Thanks, I did several rescans, no luck. I was thinking 5G interference. I will put a spectrum analyzer on it today. But you make a good point, I may be off center. I had that issue with 87. I am too old to go up the ladder anymore, and am bringing home my man lift. The center of the dish is 36' off the ground. Before total loss of horizantals, I had screeching and pixelation and drop out of transponders on this satellite (101) only. That is why I am leaning toward 5G. Asked for a quote for a dual ortho 5g lnb, waiting to hear. Thanks again.

Reactions: FTA4PA

Testing the new Titanium C138 Performance Plus C Band LNBF

Advice Needed: Setting Up C-band Reception with a 90 cm Dish