No HGTV HD on Dish Network

Geez, somebody give these guys some pacifiers! What a bunch of GenX instant gratification whining babies.

Can't complain about SNY, can't complain about STO; Oh, here's something to complain about. Sheeesh!

Who said it was going to launch today?

I'd like to see more HD content, also. But, I have to pay MSRP for any Mpeg4 receivers I may acquire. :(

Last edited:
goaliebob99 said:
IM calling it as I see it... for being the "leader in HD" Fios is kicking dish's ass in being the leader of anything... For being the leader and finally delivering the promase of hd... They surely are taking there sweet ass time adding new hd content. CES was in january... added all this new content... now its april, almost may.... Its time to add some more...

No contnet avabile.. bull!!!

HGTVHD Launched today..
MHD.. Lauched months ago
StarzHD Launched Years ago

Just to name a few.. :)
FIOS is Great...in the 15 or so communities its availble in

mdonnelly said:
Geez, somebody give these guys some pacifiers! What a bunch of GenX instant gratification whining babies.

Can't complain about SNY, can't complain about STO; Oh, here's something to complain about. Sheeesh!

Good one.....:haha :haha

Of course after Dish adds it we get to look forward to the inevitable whine about the content.

NightRyder

Last edited:
mdonnelly said:

It is rather pathetic isn't it?:D

But then when I don't whine and bitch about something, does anybody notice? No.:(

juan said:
FIOS is Great...in the 15 or so communities its availble in

Actually, I like this post as well....Frankly, I am tired of the FIOS talk in these DISH forums....Something not even remotely available in my area - prolly even my state.....

Scott Greczkowski said:
I have a call into scripps about this. :)

Lets see what they have to say.

Satelliteguys has spoken to scripps and scripps suggest you all dish customers to call Dish Network and find out why the delay. According to scripps and everyone on this board, we all heard the announcement that Charlie Ergen made at his Charlie Chat in January/February 2006. HGTV HD has launched in various cable systems and broadband system througthout the country. We will get a list and as soon as it is available to us, we will post it. In the meantime, let's ask Charlie if he really has an agreement in place or was he playing with us.

Ok, would I rather have a HGTV HD (not to be confused with HDTV or HD) channel I never watch or stable firmware for the new MPEG-4 receivers? While I'm a big fan of more HD, I would rather see E* use the next few weeks to unscrew their receivers then to introduce more instability, screeching blank screens of death, trailing video effects, stuttering audio and audio lip-sync, OTA mapping problems, and "freezing" receivers way in advance of introducing HGTV HD, MTV HD, NGHD, FOODHD and others.

I wrote HGTV and asked when HGTV HD is being launched on Dish. I got this response. I wonder what it means. See here :

Subject:
RE:'Talisma41=011-327-913' HGTV HD
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2006 15:13:51 -0400
HGTV <comments@hgtv.com>
To:

Thank you for your interest in Home and Garden Television.
I was told by my supervisor that this is a very small "test-launch" that is happening today and only in certain markets. Not all Dish
users will get the launch at this time. We have not been told at this time when HD will become available on a much larger scale.
We can only suggest checking back with both your provider and us for updates. Thank you for watching!

Best regards,
Customer Services, Scripps Networks Interactive

DISH installation from HELL!

625 Black and White Problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)