No HD signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chrismiami

Original poster
May 11, 2012
miami
Hello, I did an install and I can not get an HD image on my tv. I am not sure if I am putting the wrong "Dish Type" in the satellite setup.
My specs are as follows...

1. HR24-500
  2. 5LNB(I am pretty sure but will attach pic)\
  3. 2 b-band converters
  4. HD tv- (I have had U-verse & directv HD(1 year ago) before with this same tv)

I have 2 coaxial cables from the dish to my receiver but one has a connector since my cable is not long enough(not sure if this matters but I will show pic of connector)
I am not sure if the "dish type" is the issue but i feel like it is.
I have tried every dish type in the setup and still the image is grainy.

20120509_210720.jpg20120511_151647.jpg20120511_145743.jpg

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

For starters, do you have "5lnb multiswitch" selected as the dish type? Do you have any signal strength numbers at all, especially on 99c and 103ca and 103 cb? Are you getting any channels at all, hd or sd? Is the mast plumb? Did you check all of the connections?

the SD works just fine
In the "Dish Type" there are many options with 5 in the description.....
The ones I feel are the closest are

04-Slimline5
08-Slimline5 +72.5
12-Slimline5 +95
16-Slimline 5&72.5 +95

I have it as multiswitch
I have used the 04-Slimline5 option and it gives me errors on both tuners.

20120511_160322.jpg20120511_160509.jpg

Last edited:
How about the signal strength numbers on 99c and 103ca and 103 cb?

Those aren't great numbers, but certainly high enough to get a stable picture. What type of cables are you using from the dvr to the television? Are the hd channels set to show in the menu? They may be hidden instead.

The reason you are getting the red x's is because the signal strength numbers are too low to pass Directv's threshold for signal strength. Like I said, they are high enough for a stable picture, but if you got a rain storm, it would pixelate pretty quickly. At some point you will need to repeak the dish to get higher numbers.

You'll need to be sure everything you have will pass everything from 2-2150 MHz. That barrel may only pass 1000 MHz or it could be the cable used that won't pass it. Could be several things. These are just some things to look at

That was it Hutch. Thanks for the input guys.... I really appreciate it. I will have to just get a longer cable for the 2nd tuner tomorrow but at least for now I have HD at least on the 1st tuner. Thanks again guys.

chrismiami said:
That was it Hutch. Thanks for the input guys.... I really appreciate it. I will have to just get a longer cable for the 2nd tuner tomorrow but at least for now I have HD at least on the 1st tuner. Thanks again guys.

No problem! Enjoy the HD but like said, that dish still needs peaked

I`m not clear on the "Blue" or "White" issue described in this post. Does it refer to the plastic sleeve colour on the coax connector??
If so, which is best?? My connectors have the "Blue" sleeve and I`ve lately been having problems with my HD channels necessitating a receiver reset sevceral time during the week. My dish seems to be properly aligned.

I`m not clear on the "Blue" or "White" issue described in this post. Does it refer to the plastic sleeve colour on the coax connector??
If so, which is best?? My connectors have the "Blue" sleeve and I`ve lately been having problems with my HD channels necessitating a receiver reset sevceral time during the week. My dish seems to be properly aligned.

They are talking about barrel connectors that connect two cables together. The inside of the connector should be blue.

raoul5788 said:
They are talking about barrel connectors that connect two cables together. The inside of the connector should be blue.

Actually they changed it again! Now its suppose to be orange. Same barrel, just different supplier

Status
Please reply by conversation.

RV and SD Directv Through Canada & Alaska

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)