No HD.... Oh No!!!

MidwestTexan

Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Quick question... I've "moved" to Jonesboro, AR this weekend so that I can watch my Cowboys and no HD. I do have SD, which I'm grateful for although HD would be nice... Is there anything I can do to get it? When I did a signal check on 129 TR12 I had a decent signal strength of around 54 or so....
I'm wondering if "moving" to Evansville, IN which is only about 15 miles closer would give me HD?
Also, what satellite is HD? I think I'm asking that question correctly....

Any help is appreciated....

Spot beams restrict the reach of locals to relatively small radius. If you "move" to a location much further away than that radius, you probably won't get HD LIL.

Well I was going to be optimistic and wait till the first series was over to call it a loss. With the crappy Sd picture maybe the bad plays won't look as bad. :mad:

Evansville HD locals are on 77. If you want this to be a recurring thing put up an Eastern Arc dish or a dedicated dish for the 77 sat and make a permanent "move" to Little Rock. All the locals on 77 are on Conus beams not spot beams so they can be received anywhere in the US, until DISH replaces that Sat with a newer spot beam capable Satellite.

?????

Quick question... I've "moved" to Jonesboro, AR this weekend so that I can watch my Cowboys and no HD. I do have SD, which I'm grateful for although HD would be nice... Is there anything I can do to get it? When I did a signal check on 129 TR12 I had a decent signal strength of around 54 or so....
I'm wondering if "moving" to Evansville, IN which is only about 15 miles closer would give me HD?
Also, what satellite is HD? I think I'm asking that question correctly....

Any help is appreciated....

Maybe dumb Q? Why not St. Louis? You list as living in St.Louis. Only other option is the 77 dish add to system.

Why bother a loss in SD is still a loss?

Whats that boba??? I can't hear ya!!!! :p HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!!!!

Watchel1 - Fox isnt airing the Cowboys game in St. Louis this weekend so I had to get the closest area that was which is Jonesboro, AR....

OSU - Thanks for the info... I'll check into the dish and also see if Evansville offers HD....

Louisville Ky locals

722k L668

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)