No audio on a few channels, TV1+Denon Recvr?

saidiadude

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 14, 2003
Hello,

Just hooked up the 522 to a Denon Receiver (2805) using an optical cable for the audio. Everything works well however I just noticed a very strange problem - There's no audio for 4 channels on TV1:
300 HBO-E
303 HBO-W
318 SHO-E
319 SHO-W

All other channels (CNN, HBO2E, etc) are fine. All channels including the 4 above are fine on TV2 in another room. Has anyone noticed this before? Is there an audio out setting for certain channels that I havent noticed? Thx for your help.

Dolby?

I bet this is a case of audio encoding...

How do you have your Dolby settings?

On the 522 press MENU>6>7> (to select an external decoder)

I'm not familiar with your Denon receiver and it's digital setups, but you should set both to the same...either PCM or Dolby...depending.

Hope this helps!

Set the 522 to output both PCM & Dolby. I'll bet it's set to PCM only right now.

It's a stupid option, and catches a lot of people.

OTOH, without ever having seen a Denon, might IT be set to PCM only?

The 522 was set to output both PCM and Dolby. I'll check the Denon this evening and report back.

Turned out to be a setting on the Denon. While fiddling with the remote, I accidently dropped it. Must have hit the right combo of buttons during the fall as everything started working! Oddly enough, I cant figure out how to go back to the original "problem" or how to fix it if required again!

Oh well! Thanks SimpleSimon and Toph for your help.

Dish Network 921 specials

811 problem

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts