Nice $20 Universal Remote for 622

kganger

Original poster
Oct 9, 2006
When reading this forum I noticed that most people were recomending the Harmony remotes for a universal remote solution. I am sure these are killer remotes, but I know many people do not want to spend $200 for a remote.

I found a solid univeral remote at http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103083

This remote controls every function on the 622 remote out of the box. It also has a great learning feature wich I used to control some of the special buttons on my Home theator system, and my TV. Best of all only cost me $20

I likewise, love my Harmony 880 remote that I use in our living room on the main home theater setup...I was sour on the notion of a cut-rate second choice for our bedroom A/V setup (I wasn't about to spend $200 on remote for that setup) but I found a similar $20 gem at Radio Shack just a couple of weeks ago.

They had an 8-in-1 Kameleon backlit universal remote on sale in our local store. I figured it would be perfect for our bedroom...it's relatively slim, illuminated (and it lights via motion sensor, which is nice), and, as it turns out, controls all my devices just fine. That includes a Samsung HDTV, a Sony DVD recorder and an E* 622 DVR.

Kameleon universal remote--highly recommended.

They had an 8-in-1 Kameleon backlit universal remote on sale in our local store. ...and, as it turns out, controls all my devices just fine. That includes a Samsung HDTV, a Sony DVD recorder and an E* 622 DVR.
Is that the URC9960 ? If so, what "code" are you using for the 622 ?? What device, CBL/SAT or PVR ?? I've got codes 1005 and 0775 to try. According to a post at remotecentral.com, 0775 is the one I probably want, but even then, one person said it only controlled the basic satellite functions, nothing on the DVR side.

Kameleon universal remote--highly recommended.

I was looking at the Kameleons back before I settled on the 880 for my main setup. I've since been thinking about one of the Kameleons for my bedroom setup since it is less expensive. Most of the reviews I've read roast it for poor battery life, though. How often is yours eating batteries?

Is that the URC9960 ? If so, what "code" are you using for the 622 ?? What device, CBL/SAT or PVR ?? I've got codes 1005 and 0775 to try. According to a post at remotecentral.com, 0775 is the one I probably want, but even then, one person said it only controlled the basic satellite functions, nothing on the DVR side.

0775 worked fine with my 508, I don't remember my remote model but its a few years old. The box also has to be set up for address 1 for the 0775 code to work.

I was looking at the Kameleons back before I settled on the 880 for my main setup. I've since been thinking about one of the Kameleons for my bedroom setup since it is less expensive. Most of the reviews I've read roast it for poor battery life, though. How often is yours eating batteries?

I've had the remote for about three months, haven't needed to change the batteries yet. Wouldn't surprise me that it'd be a bit of an energy hog w/ the backlighting, though. Still like the remote, regardless, however.

I didn't need to use the IR learning to have 622-compatible 'skip back' / 'jump forward' buttons on my Kameleon. Sorry I don't have the remote in front of me to say which code I used, but when I get home in a few days (after the holidays) I'll check.

WPVI in Philadelphia Poor Signal

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)