Newbie wanna help him out

J.schroefper

Original poster
Oct 11, 2004
yeah i have no clue what im doing but my father has a dishnetwork 2700 reciever/setup thing and i wanna get cable down in my room, so is there any way to do this without buying another dish part and all that i was wondering can i just buy the reciever and be able to watch a different program i dont mind paying a little bit.

If the satellite dish has a dual or Twin LNB you can just run a second line from the satellite dish to your room and hook up a receiver to it. If it doesn't, switching the LNBs on the dish's arm to a twin or two dual LNBs and the proper switch is a snap. But in any case, you MUST run a line directly from the dish to the second receiver. You cannot just "split" a cable on DBS systems. There is a long technical explanation, but the answer remains the same.

The other thing that can be done is split the signal coming OUT of the receiver and run a cable to your TV. The disadvantage is that you can only watch one channel on both TVs. I did this for a while with my downstairs TV and my second bedroom TV since they were rarely used at the same time.

See ya
Tony

so, i dont know what lnb and all that junk stands for. but i can get a reciever (does it have to be a 2700?) and run a wire from that. and yeah thats all i would have to do is connect somthing to my dish and run it to my room?

yeah, if you have the proper lnb configuration, you simply run a RG-6 coax from it to the room that want you extra receiver in and call Dish and add it in. It will cost you $4.99 monthly. And no, it doesn't have to be a 2700.

110 Evens signal low

Dish Network Gift Cards

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts